Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Blue Jays Home Opener?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The GI thing I went to when I was there was a tiny little cart, not a full vendor stand. It was easy to miss.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Mike, there's a Goose Island Pub around centre field on the 200 Level. Can't miss it. IPA and Honkers on tap when I was there on Canada Day.

Enjoy!
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

dale cannon wrote:Mike, there's a Goose Island Pub around centre field on the 200 Level. Can't miss it. IPA and Honkers on tap when I was there on Canada Day. Enjoy!
Awesome, thanks Nigel! We're in Section 113 so I'll take a look on 200 and if I somehow can't find the bar I'll head up to 522. Thanks again for the help everyone.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Nigel was right - the Goose Island bar is in Section 204, right behind the massive ROGERS sign overlooking centre field. IPA and Honkers on tap for $11.50 a glass (16 oz pints from what I can tell), which is exorbitant but then the Hockley Dark cans are $11 as well. I had a Honkers and IPA and grabbed a pint of Left Field Sunlight Park Saison at Arriba before the game, so I was a happy camper.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I don't think I've ever been to a Jays game and paid less for my first beer than I did for my tickets.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

cratez wrote:Nigel was right - the Goose Island bar is in Section 204, right behind the massive ROGERS sign overlooking centre field. IPA and Honkers on tap for $11.50 a glass (16 oz pints from what I can tell), which is exorbitant but then the Hockley Dark cans are $11 as well. I had a Honkers and IPA and grabbed a pint of Left Field Sunlight Park Saison at Arriba before the game, so I was a happy camper.
Did it feel any less like you were getting hosed on the beer knowing your dollars are helping to financially back an on field product that doesn't suck the bag?
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

dale cannon wrote: Did it feel any less like you were getting hosed on the beer knowing your dollars are helping to financially back an on field product that doesn't suck the bag?
Haha yep! With a playoff contending team and a handful of decent beer options, the 40% premium on "pints" feels a little less egregious. :lol:

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

"The Toronto Blue Jays are pleased to welcome Mill Street Brewery to Rogers Centre to provide some of Toronto's favourite beers and ciders to fans at Rogers Centre. New additions to the 2016 season line-up include Mill Street Brewery's Original Organic, 100th Meridian, Tankhouse Ale, West Coast IPA and other Mill Street seasonal specialties, as well as Brickworks Ciderhouse's Batch: 1904 and Queen Street 501 ciders."
http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/170412250

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I saw they had started serving Mill Street at Rogers Centre months ago when they got bought out, but this is the first mention I've seen about what brands will be around.

I still enjoy a Tankhosue now and then, so good to see. I assume the Goose Island brews are still available too.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Here is the official beer / booze link for Blue Jays games:
http://mlb.mlb.com/tor/fan_forum/beer_b ... rience.jsp

Nothing great for sure...but compared to a few years ago, I guess it's alright.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.
lister

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

lister wrote:Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.
Folly will have the game on a big projector screen with the sound (after a brief internal debate) on.

Tap lineup:

Rhizome might be swapped out for a version with Amarillo and mango Puree later in the night.

Prospect (our guest tap is currently pouring Left Field) but it might be a pale ale from the Exchange by the end of the night.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

groulxsome wrote:
lister wrote:Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.
Folly will have the game on a big projector screen with the sound (after a brief internal debate) on.

Tap lineup:

Rhizome might be swapped out for a version with Amarillo and mango Puree later in the night.

Prospect (our guest tap is currently pouring Left Field) but it might be a pale ale from the Exchange by the end of the night.
Sold!

Aside from the 8.8% beer I'll probably run the tables with extra stops on the Galaxy. I loves me some Aussie and Kiwi hops.
lister

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Wonder if anyone has actually managed to find the Mill Street west coast IPA at the Skydome yet?

When I went this past week, there were a number of carts selling Meridien and Tankhouse and some of the large beer bars had the West Coast IPA listed as available...but weren't selling it.

I was happy having a Tankhouse, but was curious to try the IPA as I haven't had it yet.