Blue Jays Home Opener?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby Craig » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:19 pm

The GI thing I went to when I was there was a tiny little cart, not a full vendor stand. It was easy to miss.
User avatar
dale cannon
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby dale cannon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Mike, there's a Goose Island Pub around centre field on the 200 Level. Can't miss it. IPA and Honkers on tap when I was there on Canada Day.

Enjoy!
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby cratez » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:24 pm

dale cannon wrote:Mike, there's a Goose Island Pub around centre field on the 200 Level. Can't miss it. IPA and Honkers on tap when I was there on Canada Day. Enjoy!

Awesome, thanks Nigel! We're in Section 113 so I'll take a look on 200 and if I somehow can't find the bar I'll head up to 522. Thanks again for the help everyone.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby cratez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:58 am

Nigel was right - the Goose Island bar is in Section 204, right behind the massive ROGERS sign overlooking centre field. IPA and Honkers on tap for $11.50 a glass (16 oz pints from what I can tell), which is exorbitant but then the Hockley Dark cans are $11 as well. I had a Honkers and IPA and grabbed a pint of Left Field Sunlight Park Saison at Arriba before the game, so I was a happy camper.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby Craig » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:18 am

I don't think I've ever been to a Jays game and paid less for my first beer than I did for my tickets.
User avatar
dale cannon
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby dale cannon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:11 pm

cratez wrote:Nigel was right - the Goose Island bar is in Section 204, right behind the massive ROGERS sign overlooking centre field. IPA and Honkers on tap for $11.50 a glass (16 oz pints from what I can tell), which is exorbitant but then the Hockley Dark cans are $11 as well. I had a Honkers and IPA and grabbed a pint of Left Field Sunlight Park Saison at Arriba before the game, so I was a happy camper.


Did it feel any less like you were getting hosed on the beer knowing your dollars are helping to financially back an on field product that doesn't suck the bag?
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby cratez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:58 pm

dale cannon wrote: Did it feel any less like you were getting hosed on the beer knowing your dollars are helping to financially back an on field product that doesn't suck the bag?

Haha yep! With a playoff contending team and a handful of decent beer options, the 40% premium on "pints" feels a little less egregious. :lol:
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott
User avatar
TwoPint
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am
Location: at large

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby TwoPint » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:32 am

"The Toronto Blue Jays are pleased to welcome Mill Street Brewery to Rogers Centre to provide some of Toronto's favourite beers and ciders to fans at Rogers Centre. New additions to the 2016 season line-up include Mill Street Brewery's Original Organic, 100th Meridian, Tankhouse Ale, West Coast IPA and other Mill Street seasonal specialties, as well as Brickworks Ciderhouse's Batch: 1904 and Queen Street 501 ciders."
http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/170412250
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby El Pinguino » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 pm

I saw they had started serving Mill Street at Rogers Centre months ago when they got bought out, but this is the first mention I've seen about what brands will be around.

I still enjoy a Tankhosue now and then, so good to see. I assume the Goose Island brews are still available too.
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby El Pinguino » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:56 am

Here is the official beer / booze link for Blue Jays games:
http://mlb.mlb.com/tor/fan_forum/beer_b ... rience.jsp

Nothing great for sure...but compared to a few years ago, I guess it's alright.
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby lister » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.
lister
User avatar
groulxsome
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby groulxsome » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 pm

lister wrote:Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.


Folly will have the game on a big projector screen with the sound (after a brief internal debate) on.

Tap lineup:
Image

Rhizome might be swapped out for a version with Amarillo and mango Puree later in the night.

Prospect (our guest tap is currently pouring Left Field) but it might be a pale ale from the Exchange by the end of the night.
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby lister » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:17 pm

groulxsome wrote:
lister wrote:Not going to the game tonight but leaning towards going to Folly to catch the game.


Folly will have the game on a big projector screen with the sound (after a brief internal debate) on.

Tap lineup:
Image

Rhizome might be swapped out for a version with Amarillo and mango Puree later in the night.

Prospect (our guest tap is currently pouring Left Field) but it might be a pale ale from the Exchange by the end of the night.


Sold!

Aside from the 8.8% beer I'll probably run the tables with extra stops on the Galaxy. I loves me some Aussie and Kiwi hops.
lister
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Blue Jays Home Opener?

Postby El Pinguino » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Wonder if anyone has actually managed to find the Mill Street west coast IPA at the Skydome yet?

When I went this past week, there were a number of carts selling Meridien and Tankhouse and some of the large beer bars had the West Coast IPA listed as available...but weren't selling it.

I was happy having a Tankhouse, but was curious to try the IPA as I haven't had it yet.

Return to “Random Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belgian and 1 guest