Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Young's Double Chocolate Stout - where is it?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Has anyone actually found any bottles of Young's on any LCBO shelves?

I've managed to find the other five beers listed in the promotion, but the only evidence I've found of the Young's is a shelf card in front of a spot at my local outlet which has yet to be filled. It's not even listed in the inventory database on the LCBO site, as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows of a location in the downtown area that actually has some Young's in stock, please let us know. It's the one beer in the release that I was most looking forward to. :sad:

al

Post by al »

I have not found it yet but my brother inlaw got 3 bottles in Pickering. Good Hunting

shrike

Post by shrike »

There was some at Queen's Quay

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Hey Greg,
Where did you get the St. Peter's Old Style Porter? By the way I got the Young's Double Chocolate Stout at Queens Quay.
Cheers, Doug

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

It's available at the Dundurn store in Hamilton as well.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

lots of young's at the new lcbo at st. clair and Keele. i've really enjoyed it.

mds

Post by mds »

I found it at the LCBO near Summerhill station.

Ardon

Post by Ardon »

Check the LCBO website. You can search which stores have stock and how much.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I've found it at the Eglington and Hwy. 10 LCBO in Mississauga.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Doug - I forgot about the St. Peter's, so I guess I was wrong about finding all of the others. No sign of that yet, either.

Ardon - as I said in my original post, the Young's is not appearing in searches of the LCBO's online database.

Others - thanks for the tips. I'm going to one of the restaurants in the Distillery for lunch tomorrow, so if the weather isn't too bad, I might walk down to the Queens Quay store to snag some.

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

On 2004-02-02 19:44, GregClow wrote:
Doug - I forgot about the St. Peter's, so I guess I was wrong about finding all of the others. No sign of that yet, either.
The St Peter's Old Style Porter is up on the LCBO website, albeit without any stores having any actual stock. Bizarrely, the Summer Ale seems to have re-emerged on the site as well.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

On 2004-02-02 15:56, GregClow wrote:
Has anyone actually found any bottles of Young's on any LCBO shelves?

I've managed to find the other five beers listed in the promotion, but the only evidence I've found of the Young's is a shelf card in front of a spot at my local outlet which has yet to be filled. It's not even listed in the inventory database on the LCBO site, as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows of a location in the downtown area that actually has some Young's in stock, please let us know. It's the one beer in the release that I was most looking forward to. :sad:
Greg, the Summerhill location has tons of them along with all the others in the release. In fact they pretty much have everything. I spent A LOT there 2 weeks ago :smile:

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

FWIW the St Lawrence Market LCBO had some Double Chocolate Stout a couple of days ago.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The St. Peter's Old Style Porter is now pretty widely available in Toronto...check the LCBO website.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The St. Peter's Old Style Porter is now pretty widely available in Toronto...check the LCBO website.