Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

3 minutes to midnight

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerguykw

3 minutes to midnight

Post by beerguykw »

Hello all

I was wondering if this was only released once?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

beerguykw wrote:Hello all

I was wondering if this was only released once?
So far, yes.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Thanks. I was just wondering if it might be due soon.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

When I was at the brewery picking up either Skeleton Key or BYOD '14, I seem to recall some staff talking about using the newly available barrels for 3 Minute to Midnight. That was about 6 months ago, so I may be remembering it wrong.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I would not be surprised if there was another batch of Midnight, given that they would have had a bunch of empty BOYD barrels to put it in. But I expect we will have to wait until cherry season!
Ren

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

A beautiful beer, one of my Bellwoods favourites. Would love to see it return.

skootles

Post by skootles »

They released it once and they're supposed to be releasing it again. They posted this blog post at the end of August last year mentioning it would go into the old cognac barrels from the BOYD batch.

I pinged them on twitter mid-February asking if they had any updates on it and a couple other beers and they said "We'll be sure to update everyone when we do!"

I'm more curious about the batch of Blitzen that never got released in time for Christmas. Will they still release it, or will they spin it into a new beer like they did with Trials and Tribulations (which was supposed to be Witchshark but they didn't have all the raw material they needed).

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I'm curious about the Blitzen as well....maybe they'll just keep it going to next Xmas!

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

I was there when they released Jutsu ( which was quite good) and the bottle shop girl said there wasn't anything about 3 minutes to midnight in her book. Lambda however, was in bottles.

skootles

Post by skootles »

I'm betting that this beer mentioned in the Bellwoods newsletter will be 3 Minutes to Midnight:
Maybe you were looking for some warning about important, upcoming dates like, say, the 12th of June when a barrel-aged beer that's only been released once before in the history of Bellwoods, will again be emancipated into this world. (Keep an eye out for the blog post this Friday announcing all the details!).

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

skootles wrote:I'm betting that this beer mentioned in the Bellwoods newsletter will be 3 Minutes to Midnight:
Maybe you were looking for some warning about important, upcoming dates like, say, the 12th of June when a barrel-aged beer that's only been released once before in the history of Bellwoods, will again be emancipated into this world. (Keep an eye out for the blog post this Friday announcing all the details!).
It's too soon (I think) for 3MTM. I think you are going to be disappointed :)

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

beerguykw wrote:I was there when they released Jutsu ( which was quite good) and the bottle shop girl said there wasn't anything about 3 minutes to midnight in her book. Lambda however, was in bottles.
I'm quite hopeful that Grandma's Boy makes a reappearance at some point. That was quite extraordinary.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
skootles wrote:I'm betting that this beer mentioned in the Bellwoods newsletter will be 3 Minutes to Midnight:
It's too soon (I think) for 3MTM. I think you are going to be disappointed :)
They said they were holing on to Lambda till the fall, so I wouldn't be too suprised if it was 3MTM. I don't know their entire list of barrel-aged beers though.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

my money's on No Rest For The Wicked

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

jeremyg wrote:
my money's on No Rest For The Wicked
8)