Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

3 minutes to midnight

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I was told last month that Warp and Weft would probably be released in June. One of the brewers confirmed to me a few months back that they have a new batch of Warp and Weft aging in barrels. I suspect.....and hope..........this is what it is.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BakaGaijin wrote:I was told last month that Warp and Weft would probably be released in June. One of the brewers confirmed to me a few months back that they have a new batch of Warp and Weft aging in barrels. I suspect.....and hope..........this is what it is.
Would love to see a new batch of that one bottled. The most recent draft version was fantastic and it is the perfect summer beer!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:I was told last month that Warp and Weft would probably be released in June. One of the brewers confirmed to me a few months back that they have a new batch of Warp and Weft aging in barrels. I suspect.....and hope..........this is what it is.
Would love to see a new batch of that one bottled. The most recent draft version was fantastic and it is the perfect summer beer!
Completely agree. Perfect summer beer.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

never got to try warp and weft so that'd be pretty exciting. i guess we'll find out tomorrow!

skootles

Post by skootles »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:It's too soon (I think) for 3MTM. I think you are going to be disappointed :)
I'm holding onto hope because of their blog post from the end of last August where they said they were going to brew some Hellwoods and put it in the old BOYD barrels, but they could just be aging it longer like they did with BOYD.

Though I'd also be happy with Warp & Weft / Weft & Warp or No Rest for the Wicked. I had a bottle of the Weft & Warp not too long ago and oh boy did it age well. I didn't like how strong the wine flavours were when it was first released so I stuck my last bottle in the fridge and cracked it open in the winter. Also had a bottle of No Rest recently and it's still quite delicious as well.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

So what's the deal, they make an announcement and everyone lines up for 11 am?

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Derek wrote:So what's the deal, they make an announcement and everyone lines up for 11 am?
That only seems to happen for Motley Cru....and I'm not sure why it does. All these special barrel aged releases seem to stay in stock for around 3 days or so.

skootles

Post by skootles »

BakaGaijin wrote:
Derek wrote:So what's the deal, they make an announcement and everyone lines up for 11 am?
That only seems to happen for Motley Cru....and I'm not sure why it does. All these special barrel aged releases seem to stay in stock for around 3 days or so.
They usually have a small line for other special releases too. They're usually on weekdays which is why. For example at the last release of Barn Owl #1, there were maybe 20 people in line ahead of me when I got there at 11, and about 20 behind me by the time I got my beers and left.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

skootles wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:
They usually have a small line for other special releases too. They're usually on weekdays which is why. For example at the last release of Barn Owl #1, there were maybe 20 people in line ahead of me when I got there at 11, and about 20 behind me by the time I got my beers and left.
That has also been my experience and is one of the reasons why I stopped going for 11:00 on those Friday releases. Just show up at any point in the afternoon and chances are there will be less than 5 people in line.

skootles

Post by skootles »

jeremyg wrote: my money's on No Rest For The Wicked
Aaaand we have a winner!

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/no-shut-eye/

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

skootles wrote:
Aaaand we have a winner!

Sounds like this will be interesting...I wonder what the point of diminishing returns with barrel-aging is? Does a beer start to get worse at some point?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

napoleon wrote:
skootles wrote:
Aaaand we have a winner!

Sounds like this will be interesting...I wonder what the point of diminishing returns with barrel-aging is? Does a beer start to get worse at some point?
Depends on the barrel... and what lives within.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

skootles wrote:
Aaaand we have a winner!

Should be interesting. This must be the same batch as the last release....just aged for an additional year.

Hopefully, Warp and Weft is coming soon.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I'm going to be away for this release. If there is anybody willing to part with a bottle or two, let me know. Happy to trade some of last year's batch or a variety of other things. Let me know what interests you!
Ren

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

skootles wrote:
Aaaand we have a winner!

8)