Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

3 minutes to midnight

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

wow that's a small release. i probably won't make it there till 6 or so. wonder what my chances are of snagging a couple bottles.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

jeremyg wrote:wow that's a small release. i probably won't make it there till 6 or so. wonder what my chances are of snagging a couple bottles.
I would say the Friday releases go much more slowly than the Saturday ones IME. If everyone buys their full quota, that's 250 people. The last Friday release, I went a few minutes before 11, and there were maybe 15 people ahead of me, and maybe another 15 waiting when I left. There was still Barn Owl left at least through Saturday late afternoon and maybe Sunday.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Yeah I would also say these will last til saturday mid day most likely.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Not many people today…got there around 15 minutes early and only 3 people ahead of me. Maybe the rain scared people off. I'd say there's a good chance there might be some left after 5 PM. Don't know if I'd hold my breath for Saturday though. Maybe anyone who goes later in the day can post an update.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Keep in mind this is a 4 bottle limit and the past few 2K releases have been 8 bottle limits.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it sold out today, that's just a lot more people that previous releases on a friday.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

DeMarco wrote:Keep in mind this is a 4 bottle limit and the past few 2K releases have been 8 bottle limits.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it sold out today, that's just a lot more people that previous releases on a friday.
I think the difference is that not everyone bought their full 8 bottle limit…although I wish I had of the Barn Owl. I think a lot more people are buying all 4 of this one. In fact, they weren't even asking when I was there.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Less than 300 bottles left. :(

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Soods wrote:Less than 300 bottles left. :(
I was there at 1:30pm and grabbed a couple bottles of No Rest. Nobody was in line.

I guess they set aside a high percentage of bottles for sale at the bar because selling 700 bottles in 3 hours seems kind of insane when there's no lines.

There is fresh Jutsu v.1 (bottled yesterday) if anyone just misses out on this release.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Soods wrote:Less than 300 bottles left. :(
Damn. Will probably not attempt to rush over when I'm done here in 2.5 hours...

Weekday morning releases kinda suck for anyone who has a 9-5 job that can't be left.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Sold out.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Missed it by minutes. Really disappointing for us 9-5ers. I understand this is a much smaller batch, but access is artificially limited with the release time.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Napalm Frog wrote:Missed it by minutes. Really disappointing for us 9-5ers. I understand this is a much smaller batch, but access is artificially limited with the release time.
If they released it after 5 it would just be artificially limiting the access for people who don't work 9-5. Sucks for me too, but I don't think it's unfair or anything.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

As long as a brewery mixes up their releases between weekends, weekdays and weeknights after 5, so everyone gets access to at least something I'm cool with it. Most breweries are not bad at staggaring release dates and times.

Obviously in Hamilton and just leaving work now, no chance for No Rest for me.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I didn't really want any BOTD anyhow…

In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

boney wrote:As long as a brewery mixes up their releases between weekends, weekdays and weeknights after 5, so everyone gets access to at least something I'm cool with it. Most breweries are not bad at staggaring release dates and times.

Obviously in Hamilton and just leaving work now, no chance for No Rest for me.
I agree with this. I miss out on many GLB releases as they're sometimes on Tuesdays, or I can't get there early enough on a Saturday....just always seems to be bad timing for me. Luckily I can walk to Bellwoods, so it's easier access....