Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Welcome to the new Forum!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Cass wrote:Hopefully it won't be hard for people, but may be for those under 30 :)
Yeah, 20s here, I definitely had to wait due to a timeout. Gave me time to research rather than guess, though.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Cass wrote:Gah, I can't remember everything people tell me in bars :D

Your advice & encouragement were obviously huge factors in getting this finally done, so thanks bud!
Aw shucks, I didn't really do anything.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Craig wrote:By my count we have 19 new members already since the upgrade, although two of them look like spammers. I kinda doubt people in Estonia or the Cook Islands care about the Ontario beer scene. That's terrific! The place could use the fresh blood.
I had noticed the volume of posts had decreased a lot over the past year or two, but didn't know why. I guess it was the lack of new registrations.

The new forum looks good.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Looking good....happy to see some newbies in here too!

Now to work towards my "seasoned drinker" status....

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Just did a SEARCH on the forum....and I could click on the link results without getting an error page....love it!

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

I noticed certain users have been promoted to Beer Superstars. Is that a post count thing?
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Yep, looks like you have to hit 1000 posts, then 2000 posts to get the special titles.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yeah, I was playing around with the rank functionality, which we didn't have with the old board. Haven't really given it much thought so made up some arbitrary titles. But it would probably be fun to put more in place, so if anyone has any ideas please post them up!

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

It's all so modern looking. Feels like when Muskoka re-branded from cottage brewery to, um, brewery. Great work. Excited for new members.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Cass wrote:Yeah, I was playing around with the rank functionality, which we didn't have with the old board. Haven't really given it much thought so made up some arbitrary titles. But it would probably be fun to put more in place, so if anyone has any ideas please post them up!
Maybe anyone under 100 posts can be a "lager lover" or something mildly beer insulting, to encourage them to post more :P

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

El Pinguino wrote:
Cass wrote:Yeah, I was playing around with the rank functionality, which we didn't have with the old board. Haven't really given it much thought so made up some arbitrary titles. But it would probably be fun to put more in place, so if anyone has any ideas please post them up!
Maybe anyone under 100 posts can be a "lager lover" or something mildly beer insulting, to encourage them to post more :P
That is kind of what I'm thinking - it would be fun to have ranks that encourage more posting. Let's gamify Bar Towel :lol:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

El Pinguino wrote:
Lager lover isn't fair. Lots of good lagers out there.

Maybe "Swill Drinker"?
lister

Chris

Post by Chris »

Macro Drinker in Rehab?

Chris

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:Macro Drinker in Rehab?
...I say as I note my post count is only 54! .... Been a member for 14 years but only 54 posts ... I'm averaging under 4 posts a year! Yikes!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

"Wet Towel" for those with under 10 posts? :)