Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spot to Watch Jays in Toronto Friday 24th

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rejtable
Bar Fly

Spot to Watch Jays in Toronto Friday 24th

Post by rejtable »

Hey all, so ififififif the Jays are still playing next Friday, I'll be in Toronto with some friends for Cask Days. Thoughts for good spots to watch the game and get good/decent beer? I know C'est what has basic functionning TVs, but something a little better than that, please. :lol:

They want to go to Real Sports, but my preference would be somewhere else. Thoughts?

Thanks!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Loose Moose. Craft and the usual crappy beers on tap. (Presuming the Real Sports people don't drink craft.) Massive TV screens in the bar. Good atmosphere for games. The food is pretty good too.
lister

nickw

Post by nickw »

Dock Ellis on Dundas at Dovercourt isn't going to blow anyone away with their beer selection, but it's a sports-bar first that has craft-only options (Naughty Neighbour is my all-game drink of choice there) and good TV/projectors.

I caught Game 5 of the ALDS at Bar Hop 2 -- it was fine because I had a seat at the bar, but they aren't necessarily set up for sports so I was turned sideways the entire time to watch the projector they'd set up.

Only other advice would be to get wherever you're watching early to snag somewhere decent to sit/stand. Any bar with a TV with sound on will be rammed shortly after first pitch.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

The Dock Ellis will have a line on Friday….they've been slammed for the Blue Jays Game. The original Bar Hop often is a good spot to watch sports as no one thinks of them as a sports bar.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

The Craft - Brasserie & Grille will have you covered with taps and TVs.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

As I mentioned in another thread, upstairs at The Queen & Beaver. One excellent screen which dominates the room, volume up loud, one cask ale on offer and one guest tap; rest of beer selection is a bit mundane but would likely appeal to your non-crafty friends. Arrive early as the room is small (but that means there is no bad seat).

Images

Post by Images »

The Monarch Tavern (upstairs) has BBQ and a bunch of HD TVs with ~12 craft beers.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Ended up watching most of it at Amsterdam, and then switched to Loose Moose during rain delay. Both were fun, in different ways.