Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Former Dieu du Ciel brewmaster opening east Toronto brew pub

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Former Dieu du Ciel brewmaster opening east Toronto brew pub

Post by spinrsx »

this has been rumoured for a while..

http://bensbeerblog.com/2015/12/21/form ... -brew-pub/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I am very excited for this brewery. The location isn't the greatest for me but I am sure that the beer will warrant the extra driving time.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The location is insanely great for me, I can even walk the 4 kms to this place.

I still don't know were the heck to park at Left Field, though! Is it nice in there?
Last edited by Belgian on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

Belgian wrote:The location is insanely great for me, I can even walk the 5kms to this place.

I still don't know were the heck to park at Left Field, though! Is it nice in there?
Re. Left Field parking. There is legal/signed parking at the bottom of Wagstaff along the Thomson Grocers building. The hours are M-F 5pm-9pm & Sat-Sun 9am-5pm. Kind of frustrating how strange and limited those hours are but they originated when a former gymnastics club applied to the city so that parents had somewhere to park when dropping their kids off for classes. We hope to improve upon this in the future.

There is also neighbourhood parking but unfortunately Ivy St is torn up at the moment. If you're just running in to grab and go most customers just park out front for the less than 5 minutes it takes. That part is likely frustrating for neighbours and I therefore don't encourage it. Thought that sort of situation isn't unique in Toronto.

MattS

Post by MattS »

mistermurphy wrote:
There is also neighbourhood parking but unfortunately Ivy St is torn up at the moment. If you're just running in to grab and go most customers just park out front for the less than 5 minutes it takes. That part is likely frustrating for neighbours and I therefore don't encourage it. Thought that sort of situation isn't unique in Toronto.
Whoops - I parked there for about 90 minutes a few weeks ago - had no idea I wasn't meant to stop there!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Trying to outsmart the parking ticket nazis is one of the true delights of urban life. Thanks!
In Beerum Veritas