Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bourbon Trading

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

vandutchy

Bourbon Trading

Post by vandutchy »

Thought I would ask if anyone knew of any local(ontario) bourbon trading forums much like we have for Beer on Bartowel as I have a EH Taylor Single Barrel and Orphan Barrel BarterHouse that I am looking to trade. Cheers

portwood

Post by portwood »

Are you looking to trade for beer or other Bourbon?
@markhamwhisky

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

ISO?

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

vandutchy wrote:Thought I would ask if anyone knew of any local(ontario) bourbon trading forums much like we have for Beer on Bartowel as I have a EH Taylor Single Barrel and Orphan Barrel BarterHouse that I am looking to trade. Cheers
Sorry guys I should have said I wanted to trade for bourbon. I also have a michter's sour mash whiskey looking to trade as well. Ideally a single barrel around same price point in person in Toronto preferred.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

vandutchy wrote:
vandutchy wrote:Thought I would ask if anyone knew of any local(ontario) bourbon trading forums much like we have for Beer on Bartowel as I have a EH Taylor Single Barrel and Orphan Barrel BarterHouse that I am looking to trade. Cheers
Sorry guys I should have said I wanted to trade for bourbon. I also have a michter's sour mash whiskey looking to trade as well. Ideally a single barrel around same price point in person in Toronto preferred.
didn't dig the Michter's sour mash at all. (not to decrease the trade value. heh)

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

atomeyes wrote:
vandutchy wrote:
didn't dig the Michter's sour mash at all. (not to decrease the trade value. heh)
Not decreasing it this one is the whiskey version not bourbon that the lcbo was carrying but glad you told me that as I would hate to shell out 93.00 for something sub par. What was it that you did not like?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

vandutchy wrote: didn't dig the Michter's sour mash at all. (not to decrease the trade value. heh)
Not decreasing it this one is the whiskey version not bourbon that the lcbo was carrying but glad you told me that as I would hate to shell out 93.00 for something sub par. What was it that you did not like?[/quote]
i'd have to check to see which one it is that i have. bought it in michigan.
didn't enjoy the flavour profile for sipping solo. there was the sourness but no depth.
and it doesn't work overly well in Manhattans (duh). but i find that adding some to a Toronto somehow works.
but i'd rather drink other bourbon solo (the single barrel Four Roses is always a great one for the value) than drink the Michter's sour mash

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

atomeyes wrote:
vandutchy wrote: didn't dig the Michter's sour mash at all. (not to decrease the trade value. heh)
Not decreasing it this one is the whiskey version not bourbon that the lcbo was carrying but glad you told me that as I would hate to shell out 93.00 for something sub par. What was it that you did not like?
i'd have to check to see which one it is that i have. bought it in michigan.
didn't enjoy the flavour profile for sipping solo. there was the sourness but no depth.
and it doesn't work overly well in Manhattans (duh). but i find that adding some to a Toronto somehow works.
but i'd rather drink other bourbon solo (the single barrel Four Roses is always a great one for the value) than drink the Michter's sour mash[/quote]

Good call on the Four Roses that is one of my all time favourites, can't wait for it to be back on shelves here!