Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mitch Leaving Stone

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Mitch Leaving Stone

Post by Cass »

Will be interesting to see what he gets up to next...

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

I'll be buying whatever he is making. Looking forward to the new venture.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Awwww, what a nice video!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Mitch you big-hearted Bastard.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

here's the thing....
i understand and appreciate where Stone sits in craft beer history. their smashmouth dank IPAs changed the game.
but what has Stone done in the past 5 years - other than European expansion - that's worthy of discussion?
Enjoy By, i guess.
otherwise, most of Stone's new beer have been rather disappointing.

not blaming Mitch for that. but you wonder if he's akin to Duggan in Ontario, where someone had their heyday and the industry's grown and passed them by. he's a good dude and i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. will be interesting to see what opportunity is out there that is more (fiscally) rewarding than Stone

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

atomeyes wrote:here's the thing....
i understand and appreciate where Stone sits in craft beer history. their smashmouth dank IPAs changed the game.
but what has Stone done in the past 5 years - other than European expansion - that's worthy of discussion?
Enjoy By, i guess.

not blaming Mitch for that. but you wonder if he's akin to Duggan in Ontario, where someone had their heyday and the industry's grown and passed them by. he's a good dude and i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. will be interesting to see what opportunity is out there that is more (fiscally) rewarding than Stone
Did you really compare Mitch to Duggan?
Dude, you are really out to lunch today.
"Enjoy By... I guess" lolololol.....

Another "what have you done for me lately" unappreciative millennial sentiment. "Mitch couldn't hold a candle to [insert manbun brewer at Trillium Housestead here]"....
I hate Greg Koch. I make no bones about him being a pompous ass. But the beer under Mitch has been very good. I wouldn't waterboard my worst enemy with something Duggan has made.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

FEUO wrote:
atomeyes wrote:here's the thing....
Enjoy By, i guess.

Did you really compare Mitch to Duggan?
Dude, you are really out to lunch today.
"Enjoy By... I guess" lolololol.....

Another "what have you done for me lately" unappreciative millennial sentiment. "Mitch couldn't hold a candle to [insert manbun brewer at Trillium Housestead here]"....
I hate Greg Koch. I make no bones about him being a pompous ass. But the beer under Mitch has been very good. I wouldn't waterboard my worst enemy with something Duggan has made.
it's a parallel. Steele and Duggan are clearly not on the same level. but Duggan's still worshiped in Toronto by people with really deep pockets.
if you want to talk about things like a big boy, then i'm game. if you can't, then feel free to gloss over my posts and not reply.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

atomeyes wrote: it's a parallel. Steele and Duggan are clearly not on the same level. but Duggan's still worshiped in Toronto by people with really deep pockets.
if you want to talk about things like a big boy, then i'm game. if you can't, then feel free to gloss over my posts and not reply.
If you are insinuating that I am not, then you are out of line.
Duggan being worshipped by anyone anywhere is laughable. No single entity in any realm should ever be "worshipped".
And please don't tell me what posts to read, or not, and who to respond to, or not.
You apologized for Peter. That was enough offensive tripe for one day.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Something is reminding me a little of that scene in Battlefield Earth....
In Beerum Veritas