Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Megadeth beer!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shrike

Megadeth beer!

Post by shrike »

Something for beer and heavy metal fans: there is a new Megadeth/Unibroue product coming out http://www.megadethbeer.com/

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

instead of the end of the world, it's "to all the world" - a tout le monde, the name of a megadeth song according to goggle

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

First he copies Metallica, now Iron Maiden...
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

im guessing this will be better than the trooper beer though. Not that trooper was bad, just very forgettable.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Belgian wrote:First he copies Metallica, now Iron Maiden...
LOL that damn Dave Mustaine
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sofakingdrunk wrote:im guessing this will be better than the trooper beer though. Not that trooper was bad, just very forgettable.
Trooper was a good idea for a label design. The beers were just OK. Awesome bottle cap with Eddie on it!

Funny to see Bruce, the outrageous metal vocalist mellowing into a stereotypical working-class British dude you'd see in one of those sappy feel-good films.

In Beerum Veritas

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Exciting news! Our brewmaster Jerry Vietz started bottling "À Tout le Monde" Ale for the first time today and the precious liquid will now be stored in warm room for refermentation. We are getting closer to sharing this new beer with Dave Mustaine and all Unibroue & Megadeth fans waiting for the launch. Stay tuned, more information will soon be revealed #Megadethbeer
Dry-hopped, Belgian Style Saison, 4.5%.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Trying this for the first time from the collection pack currently at TBS. I'm really liking it. Never had anything remotely hoppy from Unibroue but this bottle from Feb has held up nicely with a nice punch of grapey-lychee fruit on the nose and taste. Well done!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^agreed im a fan of this. Very un-unibroue, but good stuff. I don't get the usual unibroue yeast flavours from it, so thinking they used something different. I'd buy this somewhat regularly if it were available. It's also the lowest abv unibroue I can ever think of having

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I found it a bit mild overall but pretty tasty, quite drinkable.