Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bad Tankhouse Beer

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seanm

Bad Tankhouse Beer

Post by seanm »

Not sure where to post this...

I bought a 24 of tankhouse and they were all bad. Not skunky, but tasted like really bad homebrew. There was also a lot of sediment in the bottom of the bottles, which I never saw before.

So my wife bought two cans of tankhouse from a different place, and they where also bad.

I have had it on tap since and it was fine.

So have they changed the recipe? Tankhouse used to be one of my staple beers :(

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I haven't had any Tankhouse in months so I can't judge for myself, but it really wouldn't surprise me if Labatt-InBev has been ruining the recipe by cutting corners. It wouldn't be the first time they've bought someone out and then fucked a beer up by being cheap.

It's also possible that they were just really old stock. Was there a packaging code anywhere on the bottles or tallboys? Were they from the LCBO or TBS? I don't think The Beer Store tries very hard (if at all) to get rid of old stock, and they don't always cycle through craft beer brands very quickly.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I drink tank every now and again after work, as it's free. Last week I had one, that I shit you not, tasted like a wit beer. Was totally messed up. Tankhouse used to be one of my favs years and years ago

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Tankhouse is the only beer I've ever returned to the LCBO for a refund. I like Tankhouse but if it's off it's really bad.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i had a MS Organic at my brother's house. nothing else to drink. yeast sediment in there as well.
it's Mill Street. they've always had a knack for cutting corners. you can taste it in Organic. it's a clear bottle of corner-cut piss