Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ratebeer Sells stake to ABInBev

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Ratebeer Sells stake to ABInBev

Post by icemachine »

"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I forgot to disclose that I sold Bar Towel to Steelback 10 years ago :)

Kind of an embarrassing situation as it seems that they made the announcement only after they were found out through 3rd party reporting.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Cass wrote:I forgot to disclose that I sold Bar Towel to Steelback 10 years ago :)

Kind of an embarrassing situation as it seems that they made the announcement only after they were found out through 3rd party reporting.
Lol you mean this could have been the Steelback Bar Towel all these years?

Where's our invites to Frank's movie premieres?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Not surprisingly, BeerAdvocate has been quick to respond (capitalize?):

AB InBev's ZX Ventures Buys Minority Stake In RateBeer - Forum Discussion:
http://bit.ly/2r3ti7h

Draw and Hold the Line - Editorial:
http://bit.ly/2sUjLvK
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

cratez wrote:Not surprisingly, BeerAdvocate has been quick to respond (capitalize?)
Seems like a no-brainer. The Bros just won the New User Lottery and they didn't even need to buy a ticket.

I've never been one to boycott beers that get snapped up by the lumbering behemoth that is AB-InBev, but RB management handled this pretty much as poorly as they possibly could have. This is one of those instances where the cover-up is worse than the scandal itself.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

darmokandjalad wrote:Seems like a no-brainer. The Bros just won the New User Lottery and they didn't even need to buy a ticket.

I've never been one to boycott beers that get snapped up by the lumbering behemoth that is AB-InBev, but RB management handled this pretty much as poorly as they possibly could have. This is one of those instances where the cover-up is worse than the scandal itself.
Agreed.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.