Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Campaign for Real Ale UK (CAMRA)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Post by Publican »

For anyone thinking of going to England in the next year or just intrested in the state of beer and pubs, I suggest you join CAMRA. It is only 18 pounds a year and you will recieve 12 issues of What's brewing(CAMRA's newspaper) as well as a discount on the Good Beer Guide. If you are considering a pub crawl holiday of the U.K the Good Beer Guide is essential and it is a good idea to get it before you reach England,as you can then plan
which pubs are of intrest to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2001-10-24 21:02 ]</font>

Publican

Post by Publican »

Sorry I forgot to give the info on how to join CAMRA
web:www.camra.org.uk/membership/index.htm
you have to print the order form as they don't process memberships online
phone: 1-011-44-1727 867201
open Monday to Friday normal business hours
UK is 5 hours ahead of Toronto time

Publican

Post by Publican »

The phone number for CAMRA is incorrect, don't press 1 when calling start the call with 011. The full correct # is 011-44-1727867201

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2001-11-06 07:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2001-11-06 07:20 ]</font>