Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beers at Skydome for Blue Jays Game

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Beers at Skydome for Blue Jays Game

Post by lister »

What's the situation on easy availability of decent beers at Skydome for a Blue Jays game? Mill St and Goose Island I presume? Are they or whatever else available at all or most kiosks? We'll be up in the 531 section.
lister

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Went to a game a month or so ago. We left our seats and stayed in the flight deck area. There was a decent selection of Goose Island in that area. I want to say there was some more craft beer in there, but with the lineups and having to look through the fridge to see what there was I just chose GI. When I went there was the IPA, Endless IPA, and the pils. Around $12 if I remember correctly.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

portwood

Post by portwood »

lister wrote:What's the situation on easy availability of decent beers at Skydome for a Blue Jays game? Mill St and Goose Island I presume? Are they or whatever else available at all or most kiosks? We'll be up in the 531 section.
Careful, you may not be allowed in the building if you don't use the proper rip-off-the-taxpayer-and-change-the-name-of-the-building-to-Rogers Centre.

What's not to love about this crafty list of "over two dozen different brands"? :roll:
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/fan ... rience.jsp
@markhamwhisky

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

It's still Skydome to me. Same with the O'Keefe/Hummingbird Centre, Molson Amphitheatre. Meh.

Looks like it'll be Goose Island then.
lister

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

If you're looking to get a buzz going and stretch a buck Mill St. IPA is a drinkable 6.6%.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

beerstodiscover wrote:If you're looking to get a buzz going and stretch a buck Mill St. IPA is a drinkable 6.6%.
Yup, that's the my choice at the Dome (the "West Coast Style" IPA).

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I'm not a fan of the Mill St West Coast IPA.
lister

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

lister wrote:I'm not a fan of the Mill St West Coast IPA.
Nor am I, really. But you're pretty fckin limited for options at the Dome. Goose IPA is my alternative to that.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Sounds very similar to the lineup at BMo Field / TFC.