Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer cocktail recipes

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Beer cocktail recipes

Post by Tapsucker »

I have seen this discussed here before, I might have even participated, but a search didn't seem to work.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of adulterated beer, but I do know there are beer based cocktail recipes out there, and they can't all be bad...

Many years back I was served a Duval and gin concoction that I was pretty impressed by. The person who served it to me said they discovered it here. I did reproduce it way back then but ultimately forgot about it, until now. I think I'll try it again.

Anyway, I thought it might be a good occasion to open a thread to see what other suggestions you might all have. Obviously we are kind of at peak radler and barrel / infused / infected Frankenstein, so that is not what I'm reaching out for. I'm talking about making nice and interesting things with beer.

And hopefully not sickly sweet. :D

So, suggestions?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I rarely do this (at most I'll mix light beers or lagers together) but I do have one recommendation to avoid: imperial stout and coffee. Sounded good in my head (like spiked coffee, but better!), but was absolutely vile.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I remember a friend picking up a case of unibroue(can't remember which one, but doesn't matter) and he got a recipe book inside of beer cocktails. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find those on google. I vaguely remember a Blanche de chambly/gin concoction.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

how about some beer alchemy :D