Molson Buys TDD

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

beerstodiscover
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby beerstodiscover » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm

iguenard wrote:Imperatrice was only ever good in kegs, where it wasn't infected.


Damn, I hope my bottle of Bourbon Barrel L'Impératrice isn't infected!
lplex
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby lplex » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

iguenard wrote:Imperatrice was only ever good in kegs, where it wasn't infected.

The Impératrice I had at the pub a while back was pretty good, but it wasn't Barrel-aged IIRC.

beerstodiscover wrote:Damn, I hope my bottle of Bourbon Barrel L'Impératrice isn't infected!

2012 bottles are clearly infected, I’m not sure about the 2016 batch.
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby iguenard » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm

lplex wrote:
iguenard wrote:Imperatrice was only ever good in kegs, where it wasn't infected.

The Impératrice I had at the pub a while back was pretty good, but it wasn't Barrel-aged IIRC.

beerstodiscover wrote:Damn, I hope my bottle of Bourbon Barrel L'Impératrice isn't infected!

2012 bottles are clearly infected, I’m not sure about the 2016 batch.


All Impératrice is Barrel-Aged.
User avatar
Cass
Beer Superstar
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby Cass » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I wonder how it will affect participation/inclusion in the likes of Cask Days, availability at top tier beer bars and that kind of thing. Presumably the same guys will be there (at least for a little while) - not many cases I can think of where brewers with good personal relationships around have become "big". Wasn't the case with Creemore & Unibroue I don't think. Uncharted territory.
BeerIsGood
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby BeerIsGood » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:26 pm

When a Macro does this type of purchase I would like to think/hope that they know what they are doing and why they are doing it. It's the goose that laid the golden egg thing. While I love the idea of independent micros, I understand that like every other business, it is a business. At the end of the day, it's the quality of the beer that matters most to me. If that doesn't suffer, ownership is a secondary concern.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: Molson Buys TDD

Postby S. St. Jeb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:55 pm

BeerIsGood wrote:When a Macro does this type of purchase I would like to think/hope that they know what they are doing and why they are doing it. It's the goose that laid the golden egg thing. While I love the idea of independent micros, I understand that like every other business, it is a business. At the end of the day, it's the quality of the beer that matters most to me. If that doesn't suffer, ownership is a secondary concern.

I get this from the perspective of having the beer in your glass. But there's still part of me that prefers to support the small breweries and entrepreneurs that have changed and expanded the beers available to us, rather than the opportunistic corporations.

Return to “Random Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests