Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

I would take the money and buy an island

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Uncle Bobby

I would take the money and buy an island

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Article from the Australian Financial Review on the buy-outs of local craft breweries by global brewing hegemonies. http://www.afr.com/business/retail/fmcg ... 213-h03yft
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

BTW, Batch is a lovely brewery in Marrickville in Sydney. In an old industrial district about 4km north of the airport in the direction of downtown.

And a very convenient walk from my brother- and sister-in-law's place. Spent a wonderful afternoon there on my last visit.

I also suspect that Batch is not the only craft brewer in Australia with American connections. We visited another local micro, Rocks Brewing in the nearby suburb of Alexandria. Every young woman slinging beer and indifferently flogging t-shirts (and they were all women) was American.
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"