Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer at Penguin Pick-Up

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shintriad
Bar Fly

Beer at Penguin Pick-Up

Post by shintriad »

I stumbled onto the Penguin Pick-Up at Church and Bloor the other day, and noticed they were selling alcohol. Namely, a few Rainhard products, some wine, and precisely one type of spirit (Reid's gin). Here's their selection: https://www.penguinfresh.com/collections/beer-liquor

Never heard about this before, but it seems they have a special license that lets you order products for pick-up right on the spot. It's an interesting distribution model, in that they're working with local producers to let you order beverage alcohol for takeaway at roughly the same price you'd pay at an LCBO.

Anyone have more information about it? I liked the fact that they had Rainhard in stock, including a couple labels I haven't seen elsewhere. Plus they have snacks, groceries, etc. (Although I still don't see why you couldn't offer the same takeaway service at any bar or restaurant in town...)