Ontario Beer Delivery Index

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

distr0

Re: Ontario Beer Delivery Index

Postby distr0 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:59 am

Coronaeus wrote:Has anyone received their Motley Cru order yet?

I ordered Saturday morning a few minutes after it went live. I got a message saying ‘it was on its way’ on Monday afternoon with an expected delivery of Tuesday. No updates since then and still showing expected delivery as Tuesday the 7th!

I’m in no rush and expect that things are taking longer to be delivered these days. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their box. I’ll inquire Friday if I don’t get it today.

It looks like it is shipping from a warehouse in Etobicoke according to the Arrive app. I thought that was interesting.

Cheers.

I ordered yesterday, estimated delivery is today

EDIT: yup, showed up just after noon today. just over 24 hrs from order to delivery. I'm about 100km west of bellwoods too. not bad at all
Napalm Frog

Postby Napalm Frog » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Coronaeus wrote:Has anyone received their Motley Cru order yet?

I ordered Saturday morning a few minutes after it went live. I got a message saying ‘it was on its way’ on Monday afternoon with an expected delivery of Tuesday. No updates since then and still showing expected delivery as Tuesday the 7th!

I’m in no rush and expect that things are taking longer to be delivered these days. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their box. I’ll inquire Friday if I don’t get it today.

It looks like it is shipping from a warehouse in Etobicoke according to the Arrive app. I thought that was interesting.

Cheers.

Myself and others in Toronto received ours on the 7th. It should have at least left Etobickoke by now if they are using Canpar?
Coronaeus

Postby Coronaeus » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Just got a call.

A skid was damaged by the shipper. I was one of the “lucky” ones. Re-packing now and sending off again. Great customer service with a phone call to apologize for the accident and delay.
Coronaeus

Postby Coronaeus » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Just got a call.

A skid was damaged by the shipper. I was one of the “lucky” ones. Re-packing now and sending off again. Great customer service with a phone call to apologize for the accident and delay.
Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Postby Bobsy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Top marks to Amsterdam for today's delivery. Placed the order yesterday evening and it arrived soon after lunch right to my door in Vaughan. Enjoying a super-fresh Space Invader right now and got some double IPA ready for tonight.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Postby beerstodiscover » Sat May 09, 2020 11:40 am

I've had orders delivered from Canpar and private brewery drivers and the speed and service is great.

Goose Island Toronto has a pretty good deal on, free same day Toronto delivery with only a $20 minimum (noon cutoff, I think). They have cheap cans, rotating 750 ml swingtop fills for $7, plus a barrel-aged Baltic porter for $12. It was a no brainer for me and 'll be sampling some of these later. A note to the kids: the Goose delivery driver is the only one who has checked my ID so far.

*Update, looks like they switched from 750ml swingtops to 500 ml capped bottles.

Return to “Random Talk”