Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Is trading beers via mail OK

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

duckdown

Is trading beers via mail OK

Post by duckdown »

Hi lads

Thanks to online, I now have beer friends in pretty much every province.. A few weeks back for my birthday a buddy shipped me 4 fresh Messorem Crowlers from Montreal, delivered beautifully next day via UPS.

Now we are talking about doing it again, this time I'd be sending him Badlands and BarnCat and I'd be getting back Messorem, Brasserie du Bas Canada, etc.

Likewise, a third friend, in BC, also wants to get involved. No doubt I'd love to try Temporal and all the other highly rated West Coast brews as well.

So .. What's the deal? Is it legal since it's all just friends doing personal trades, small amounts? Or is it strictly forbidden?

Should I just count my blessings I received the Messorem and leave it alone from here on out lol

Thanks for any help

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Short answer is no. You need cant send alcohol through the mail.

That said, it is a hobby practised by many without mush issue.

Send me a message and I will give you a more detailed response.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

After getting no replies here I asked on r*ddit and they basically said.. yeah. You can most likely do it no problem.

One poster says C-67 removed major federal barriers

Message shall be sent, thanks lad

portwood

Post by portwood »

duckdown wrote:...I asked on r*ddit and they basically said.. yeah. even though its illegal, You can most likely do it no problem, unless you get caught, but yeah, go ahead because most don't get caught and when you do the penalty is basically nothing except your beer poured down the drain.
fixed it for ya
@markhamwhisky

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Yep, I definitely do not advise doing it nor would ever consider doing it if it were not legal, so I guess it won't be happening. Damn.