This is a partner thread to one I just posited. It’s no secret the hospitality industry is facing an existential crises. I’m guessing (sadly) that every one of our quality beer establishments and favourite social spots are potentially lost to us. A Big Loss.
I don’t want to write a eulogy here, but I do want to celebrate some of my favourite Toronto beer spots, may they please survive.
- Can’t start the list without the Morana family establishments, Volo 2.0 in particular
- Bar Hop, especially the Peter street roof top
- Thirsty and Miserable, Katie and team always manage to take in any poor soul and put the right beer under their nose
- The Only, what would the Danforth be without them? Really, what?
- The Granite, my local and proof that family businesses and nepotism are not a bad thing after all
- C’est What
- The Rhino, ‘cause you know, don’t shit on motherhood or apple pie
There is my short list, way too under representative. Add yours and lets figure out how to make sure we don’t lose our friends by patronising them any wat we can.