Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Let's find some way to help our friends

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Let's find some way to help our friends

Post by Tapsucker »

This is a partner thread to one I just posited. It’s no secret the hospitality industry is facing an existential crises. I’m guessing (sadly) that every one of our quality beer establishments and favourite social spots are potentially lost to us. A Big Loss.

I don’t want to write a eulogy here, but I do want to celebrate some of my favourite Toronto beer spots, may they please survive.

- Can’t start the list without the Morana family establishments, Volo 2.0 in particular
- Bar Hop, especially the Peter street roof top
- Thirsty and Miserable, Katie and team always manage to take in any poor soul and put the right beer under their nose
- The Only, what would the Danforth be without them? Really, what?
- The Granite, my local and proof that family businesses and nepotism are not a bad thing after all
- C’est What
- The Rhino, ‘cause you know, don’t shit on motherhood or apple pie

There is my short list, way too under representative. Add yours and lets figure out how to make sure we don’t lose our friends by patronising them any wat we can.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Here is a small gesture I discovered. Perfect if you need to keep your family preoccupied while you go enjoy a quiet brew in the corner. :D

https://wepiecetogether.com/product/thi ... miserable/

Any other ideas?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.