Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spending/Drinking More or Less on Beer during Pandemic?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

S. St. Jeb wrote: "Honey, why are the steaks burnt and the pork sausage still cold in the middle?" :)
Honey, those are perfect grill marks! But why are they on your face?

By CA #14, I assume you mean Collective Arts IPA #14. If so, good buy. It's really good.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I stopped in at Bar Volo who certainly were worth coming by for some delicious Dageraad beers from BC on their nice tap list.

Quaint alleyway table seating at this time, wasn't at all crowded for an early dinner. Swing by and say hi to Ralph & the crew.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Tapsucker wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote: "Honey, why are the steaks burnt and the pork sausage still cold in the middle?" :)
Honey, those are perfect grill marks! But why are they on your face?

By CA #14, I assume you mean Collective Arts IPA #14. If so, good buy. It's really good.
Haha, I was trained by my father-in-law in the art of barbecuing , the food is ready when the 3rd beer is consumed! Of course beer in those days was only 4.5%, but then one day I brought over a new beer, Bra D'or, 6% abv, it was pretty funny!

Yes Collective Arts IPA #14!. That Flying Dog is excellent and yes I am barbecuing!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Ukie wrote:
Haha, I was trained by my father-in-law in the art of barbecuing , the food is ready when the 3rd beer is consumed! Of course beer in those days was only 4.5%, but then one day I brought over a new beer, Bra D'or, 6% abv, it was pretty funny!

Yes Collective Arts IPA #14!. That Flying Dog is excellent and yes I am barbecuing!
3 beers is grilling. Turn on gas, wait 15 minutes then hold tongs with pinky prominently projected "English tea time (tyme?) style". BBQ takes at least eight hours and a whole lot more beer. :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Tapsucker wrote:
Ukie wrote:

3 beers is grilling. Turn on gas, wait 15 minutes then hold tongs with pinky prominently projected "English tea time (tyme?) style". BBQ takes at least eight hours and a whole lot more beer. :lol:
Haha! You are correct, I was new!