Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

500 messages on the topic of beer!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Just wanted to point out that this is the 500th message on this Message Board.

I'd like to congratulate Cass on doing such a great job on this site and keeping it up to date.

Adding this message board was obviously an excellent idea as so many questions and answers and ideas and comments are shared here for all to read.

This site is truly the Premier Beer Resource!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks a lot. I'm very happy that the discussion forum has turned out to be successful. Glad to see so many good beer drinkers in Toronto!

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Although I really appreciate the fact that this forum exists, let's not get too excited. 10 members have posted almost 84% of all postings on the forum so using the word "many" to describe the number of good beer drinkers in Toronto is a bit of a stretch as that means that about 2,999,990 Torontonians don't care. The similar French language St-Arnould forum in Quebec makes us look like a lonely hearts club. That's not to say we shouldn't all work to educate the huddled masses about good beer but we're far from being at the point of patting ourselves on the back. We are still a very small and exclusive club.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

What I left out of my last message is a big thank you to Cass for his efforts!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I realize we are still a small band of renegades dedicated to the cause of good beer. But I can say that in the three or so years this website has been active, I have seen a noticable increase in the interest of good beer in the city.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I would like to commend Cass and all the bar towel readers out there for their website. As president and delivery guy for Scotch Irish Brewing Company in Ottawa, I look to bar towel for enlightened guidance and response regarding my current products and my forthcoming seasonals. I have already received valuable feed-back regarding my IPA project from the folks at bar towel and welcome any further comments.
Cheers and keep up the good work!
Perry Mason
http://www.scotchirish.on.ca

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Hello,

As a regular on St-Arnould, I can tell you that a lot of the info found here are of interest to the QC community also...(so they can plan their little trips to TO, Ottawa, Hawkesbury, etc...) in seach of prdocue not found in La Belle Province.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

Post by Chris »

Even though a small handful of people are actually posting...there are those of us who rarely post, but read the forums frequently...I want to really thank Cass, and those of you who do post frequently for providing us lurkers on the board with this excellent resource.