Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Time for more punishment?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Time for more punishment?

Post by PRMason »

Its fall and its time for more punishment...Corporal Punishment that is! It will be brewed to the same recipe as last year's, with 5.3% alcohol, several malts and loads of Challenger and Willamette hops (84 IBU's worth). The first cask will be served at Cafe Volo. I'll let you all know when the beer is ready.
Cafe Volo is now serving our Dogsbody Ale on cask on a regular basis. Please drop by and have a pint or two to keep it fresh :wink:
As for the Sgt. Major bottles, we have now received our packaging and labels and we must submit a final 6 pack ( with beer in it) to the LCBO for final approval. I hope to have it all wrapped up by month end.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I was at Cafe Volo last night and Ralph told me that cask Dogsbody will go on tap every Thursday. As far as I know there's still some of last Thursday's Dogsbody in the firkin but you may want to call first: ph 416-928-0008.

CapFlu

Post by CapFlu »

That is great news, Perry.

Any Corporal Punishment kegs bound for Ottawa?

Speaking of kegs... I still have one of yours ;)

Todd in Ottawa

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Ahhh yes... I am so ready for my punishment!

Perry, thanks and keep us up to date as to bar distribution.

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

I was at Volo for lunch, and was served the first cask Holy Smoke ... wonderful, kudos for running such a fine establishment.

Apparently, the Dogsbody arrives today, and will be tapped tomorrow.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The kudos for Holy Smoke belong to John Graham and Doug Warren of Church-Key Brewing. This is one of their beers. I'll gladly accept any kudos for the Dogsbody, Sgt. Majors IPA or Corporal Punishment though :P
By the way, the first firkin of Corporal Punishment 2004 will be delivered to Volo next Thursday! When the current keg of Dogsbody runs out, Sgt. Major IPA will be on in its stead. The Dogsbody will continue as a cask beer at Volo.

mds

Post by mds »

Perry,
has there been any progress with the Sgt. Major bottling?

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The LCBO has requested a change to the 6 pack carton. The french translation of "returnable bottles where applicable" was omitted. Since the cartons are already printed, I am making an adhesive label to put on the cases. Once I have this done ( the labels should be ready on Friday) I must courier a sample of the stickered carton to the LCBO for final approval. That should be done rather quickly. A fresh batch of IPA is being vrewed this week for the bottling. Once the beer is ready and the final approval is received, its off in my van I go to distribute it to all the good little LCBO stores and bars- like Santa. I put 96,000 kms on my van this year...next year, lets shoot for 120,000!

Manul

Post by Manul »

Just let us know where we can buy it. Home delivery wouldn't be bad either :lol: