Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Beermat

Buffalo

Post by Beermat »

If you're going to Buffalo you might want to look in at a bar called Coles at 1104 Elmwood, just on the Buffalo side of the Albright-Knox Gallery. It's always been a decent old bar, but they've improved their beer selection in recent months. The last time I was there they had Stone IPA on tap and a few others as well. I talked to the guy in charge who said that nobody but Colter Bay in Buffalo was currently handling good beers so he figured he'd give it a shot. At that time -- a couple of months ago, maybe -- he was also about to get into quality bottles as well. From Premier Gourmet, head along Delaware toward downtown Buffalo and make a move over to Elmwood at some point -- we usually go right at Hertel for some reason -- and carry on from there. It's on the right in the first commercial block after the art gallery.

Nick

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

This endorsement will pay off when the bar gets multi reviews in Beer Advocate, in my humble opinion.