Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Five Beers That You Would Like to See Next

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Enjoy it while you can, this is the last of the Ayinger we are likely to see.

Geoffrey.
Any particular reason? Poor sales? Is Martin closing the borders to radical fundamentaist beers?
Aventinus rules!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

pootz wrote:
Enjoy it while you can, this is the last of the Ayinger we are likely to see.

Geoffrey.
Any particular reason? Poor sales? Is Martin closing the borders to radical fundamentaist beers?
My bet: Ayinger is pissed off with the LCBO.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

seems some snuck into Joes even if it never made it to the LCBO....perhaps an import from the US?..
Aventinus rules!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

pootz wrote:
seems some snuck into Joes even if it never made it to the LCBO....perhaps an import from the US?..
The product would have to be purchased, tested, and probably shipped through the LCBO. There is no way legally to avoid the monster.

Ardon

Post by Ardon »

I'd like to see anything American or some quality Munich Lagers from breweries other than Lowenbrau.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

I’m all over the American micros these days! “may I have some hops with that please!!!”

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I would really like to see the following available over here:

1. Timothy Taylor's Landlord
2. Cains 2008 Celebration Ale
3. Harvestouin Bitter & Twisted

And non-british brews:

4. Any Brooklyn Brewery Ales
5. Any Sierra Nevada Ales

What is the likelyhood of any of these?

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Your likelihood is a trip to Premier in Buffalo! Pick me up some Flour City while you’re there! They where in my opinion the best brewery at the buffalo beer fest this year, along with Flour City! (both based out of Rochester...I think)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Welcome to the site, Torontoblue.

Of the beers you list, I believe the Bitter & Twisted might've available at Smokeless Joe at one point. I know that I had a couple of Harviestoun beers there last fall. So there may be hope of seeing it again at some point.

But Beer Geek is right that a trip to Buffalo would be your best bet, especially for the US micros.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

We had the Harviestoun at Smokeless Joes for a bit. For Sierra Nevada/ Brooklyn I would suggest a Premier run, or try a private order.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Thanks for the replies, guys, I have heard how good Buffalo is but I'll have to wait a while to cross the border as according to US Border Patrol, "I haven't been a Landed Immigrant long enough to cross the border". I arrived here from the UK in August, tried to cross the border to go to a friends in Boston for Thanksgiving and was promptly turned back - they want at least a 6 to 8 month period before border crossings are allowed! Guess I'll have to order over the web for now., or rely on LCBO.

Happy Holliday's to all.