Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

6 packs of Sgt. Major's IPA are now available!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

6 packs of Sgt. Major's IPA are now available!

Post by PRMason »

After 2 years of hardship and paperwork, I am pleased to announce the arrival of our 6 packs of Sgt, Major's IPA , product # 610733 :P :P Currently only the Yonge/Davisville LCBO store has them, but plans are afoot to secure another 5-6 locations in Toronto. In Hamilton, the LCBO at Upper Gage and Fennell stocks it. I hope to have Dundurn as well.
As for the Ottawa area, LCBO at Hunt Club will have it by tomorrow. I hope to have 20 stores in the Ottawa area.
The beer was given final approval on November 29, which makes it a bitch to convince LCBO managers to take on a new product so close to Christmas. I have faith that given time, all will work out.

Manul

Post by Manul »

Are you sure they have them at Davisville? They are not showing on the LCBO site as stock and I'd hate to drive all the way there for nothing.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Currently only the Yonge/Davisville LCBO store has them, but plans are afoot to secure another 5-6 locations in Toronto. In Hamilton, the LCBO at Upper Gage and Fennell stocks it
Congrats Perry. Hope the struggle will pay off for you.

As for locations: We in the Tricities really get tired of having to travel to get Ont. craft beer. Sometimes I will see things like Mill street or Hockley in Guelph but most of the time I have to take a day off and travel to an out of town LCBO and stock up. Is there any hope of getting a few sixes to a main store In K-W-Guelph-Cambridge or is this Wellington county/country?? :wink:
Aventinus rules!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Manul wrote:Are you sure they have them at Davisville? They are not showing on the LCBO site as stock and I'd hate to drive all the way there for nothing.
It generally takes a day or two for the online inventory to get in sync with what is actually in store.

Perry, if it's not too late, I'd like to selfishly suggest that 11 Brock Ave. (Store #6) be considered as a location. That way I won't have to travel too far to get my fix. :)

beanmedic

Post by beanmedic »

PRMason wrote:In Hamilton, the LCBO at Upper Gage and Fennell stocks it.
2 BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE! I know you had me in mind when you set it up at this store. haha, ya right, but i cant wait to try it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

A week too late for me to for my Secret Santa package. But, I'm off to buy a case anyway.

Congratulations, Perry. Good luck with everything.

Joe.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Having my first bottle of Sgt. Major. Yummy. This will be a staple at my house. There will always, so long as it's available, be at least six at my place.

Joe.

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Perry,
Heartiest Congratulations! I know it will be worth all the headaches and hard work. You Sir, are a true artist.

Cheers, Doug

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

will be there tomarow morning at Yonge/davisville. I hope they will have a 6 pak. Cheers and much success.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Now, can I request it be sent to my local LCBO? I can't remember how their process works, but I thought that anything available in their stores could be requested at another store? 8)

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

congrats perry. I guess I'm going to davisville tomorrow

kp

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

WOAH! Don't race down to Davisville just yet...

I was there today and they have NONE in stock. I spoke to three different people to make sure and they told me it was not yet in stock at their store, wasn't on the store inventory list and wasn't showing up on the LCBO site either. One of the guys even called the phone number for the "agent" for the beer (which I thought was Perry himself?) and was told they'd have to call him back with more info.

So...I hope it's sorted out soon. I've waited long enough...

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I braved a full bladder and fog to grab my stash on Hamilton Mountain. :o Well worth the effort. Keep 'em coming Perry. :wink:

Slainte,
Jeff

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

There was a problem at the store level. It seems the distributor code, which is essential to put a product into inventory after it is received, was not working at the Davisville store. I contacted the LCBO head office and they called the store to iron it out. They have received 20 6 packs.
Sorry to all those who made the trek only to come away empty handed. The beer IS there, its just a matter of fixing their internal gremlins.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

any word on when it'll be fixed?

kp