Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

6 packs of Sgt. Major's IPA are now available!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

scott

Post by scott »

I was there (Davisville LCBO) Saturday afternoon, having not read Perry's latest post. A pleasant young employee claimed he knew "a lot" about the beer section. I asked him if I could have a six of the Sgt. Major. He went in the back and located it, but came out and told me it was "marked down for Monday". It's in the store, but they can't (or won't) sell it to me. Our tax dollars at work.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

S*&% !!! :evil: :evil:
This is beginning to wear a little thin. Once again, a heartfelt apology to all those who made the trek up Yonge St. only to come away empty handed. Please have patience with me on this ( yeah, I know you've all been waiting for two years already!) Believe me, I want to swim in this new stream of income ASAP.
I will monitor the LCBO situation and keep you all posted.
BTW, I am hosting a "meet the brewer" at beerbistro on Wednesday the 15th. I will be launching the bottles at that time. The meet and greet is on from 5-7. Hope to see some of you there.
Perry

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I was there twice on Friday. SOmebody snagged a 6-pak apparently for Doug Shoemaker's gettogether on Saturday night. Maybe from Hamilton.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The Hamilton store at Upper Gage and Fennel have been selling it since it arrived last Wednesday. They are sold out i think, at least until next Wednesday.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

northyorksammy wrote:I was there twice on Friday. SOmebody snagged a 6-pak apparently for Doug Shoemaker's gettogether on Saturday night. Maybe from Hamilton.
Yeah, Joe brought that in from Hamilton.

Nice package, Perry! I look forward to seeing it on the shelves at a conveniently located LCBO outlet soon.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

PRMason wrote:The Hamilton store at Upper Gage and Fennel have been selling it since it arrived last Wednesday. They are sold out i think, at least until next Wednesday.
I will be purchasing a few more six packs to bring up north with me for Christmas. Make sure they have enough, Perry. If you deliver on Wednesday, how long do you think before it's on the shelf?

Joe.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Since Upper Gage & Fennell is the only store to consistently have the Sgt. Major on the shelf since I delivered it, I would guess that the beer should be on the shelf same day or next day at the latest.
thanks for Buying it Joey, you da man.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The IPA is now available for sale at the following Toronto locations:
Queen's Quay, Yonge & Davisville, Summerhill, and Wilson and Dufferin.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Picked up some just today at Wilson and Dufferin. Very nicely merchandised, they have a great back beer room and the first thing you see when you walk in is one of the better displays and selections of Ontario micro's I've seen in an LCBO. The Sgt. is right there in middle looking sharp. And I did leave some.

Jeff

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Picked up 2 six packs from the Younge and Davisville store today...they had about 5-6 flats stacked out on the floor...none in the cooler though.
Aventinus rules!

CapFlu

Post by CapFlu »

Ottawa seems to be stocked with the Sgt.

I gleefully fled with two 6-packs...

Man, I love how my new job crosses a LCBO on the way home.

The Sgt. Stocking Stuffer will undoubtably be a SUCCESS!!!

Manul

Post by Manul »

I got some at Dufferin & Wilson. After spending a few good minutes looking for it on the shelf I asked the manager and he got me 2 six packs from the back. Opened the first one ... good job Perry. I hope it's going to be a solid seller. Now, let's talk about a american style double IPA and let's see what some Cascade Hops can do to an IPA... :lol:

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Thanks to all who searched and found the Sgt. Major. Special thanks to those who bought some too! :D The initial response has been great. I have shipped more than 600 6 packs in two weeks in spite of the small number of stores that list it. More stores will be carrying it come the new year. I realise that much of the initial sales rush is due to Christmas shopping and that sales will even out in the winter months but the I am still very pleased with things.
Thanks again to all who support this very humble enterprise.
Cheers!
Perry

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I happily did my part in reducing the Queen Quay location's stock of Sgt. Majors. Grabbed 4 6-packs, polished off 4 (bottles) last night with my wife after our soccer game, absolutely magnificent! Perry, keep 'em coming, you RULE!!

BTW - If anyone hasn't been to the Queens Quay LCBO, check it out, absolutely awesome selection - prob. only second to Summerhill, and lots of the gift packs at the moment at a discount.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The Sgt. Major has now marched into Mississauga! The LCBO at Mavis and Dundas is now stocking the IPA, for those who may be interested.