Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Spring Release???

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Spring Release???

Post by JerCraigs »

Any news on the spring release beers? (Yeah I know its a bit early, I am still working on my Winter release ones!)

beanmedic

Post by beanmedic »

im dying to hear the spring release. i cant wait

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

The spring release is slated for sometime in March. I know that Saison Dupont (in 250ml bottles) is one of the beers on the list. I'll see if I can get the rest of the info this week or next (unless someone else wants to contact the LCBO before then). I'm pretty sure that the fall release has already been decided, too...

mds

Post by mds »

ooh, saison dupont...I've been looking to try that for a while.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Speaking of LCBO releases - does anyone know if they're doing a stouts & porters release this year? They usually do them in January, so I expect we would've heard something about it by now...

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

The LCBO phased-out the theme releases (stouts and porters, bitters and pale ales, etc.) about a year ago, if not earlier. You'll remember that there used to be more releases per year, and now there are only the three or four generic seasonal ones.

As for the upcoming spring release, I put in a request for the info and should have the complete list sometime next week.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Not sure yet, but the winter release was scheduled to last until the end of Feb. so we probably won't see anything until early March.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I can tell you all that our spring release products will include La Choulette Blonde from France as well as Mort Subite Gueuze and Liefmans Goudenband from Belgium.

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

Will the Goudenband be available at the LCBO or only for private order?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The subject is the LCBO Spring release so Goudenband will be available in LCBO stores, however, we'll have some in Consignment beforehand as well along with Kriekbier and Frambozenbier.

mustang3

Post by mustang3 »

esprit wrote:I can tell you all that our spring release products will include La Choulette Blonde from France as well as Mort Subite Gueuze and Liefmans Goudenband from Belgium.
That is great news. I haven't been following these releases all that long, but it seems like they're getting better and better. I will, cash permitting, be buying a ton of the goudenband.

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

Hello ...

Our contribution to the "spring release" at the LCBO are Van Honsebrouk's St. Louis Gueuze and Jenlain's "J" Biere de Garde Blonde - Ginger ... in a unique aluminium bottle.

Cheers,

Paul

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Saisons and Gueuzes mmmmmmm Spring is looking up. 8)

After my unexpected new found love for Rodenbach I'm looking forward to the Liefmans Goudenband .
Aventinus rules!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I'm looking forward to trying a new Gueuze and I haven't had a Goudenband for quite a while. :D

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I received the full spring list from the LCBO; unfortunately, there isn't anything else to add to what's been mentioned already. I had heard that Saison Dupont was coming, but apparently it isn't--so ignore my earlier post.

Here's the official (short!) list:

460303 La Choulette Blonde
468660 St. Louis Gueuze Lambic
676254 J Biere de Garde Blonde et Gingembre
676288 Mort Subite Gueuze Lambic
236406 Liefmans Goudenband