Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hidden Gems at Beer Store

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Hidden Gems at Beer Store

Post by Belgian »

I usually glaze over at that stupid wall display, but today I noticed Brick Bock and Andechs Hell, two beers I'd never noticed (at least one is allegedly good.)

What are good ones that people miss? Do the upper row ones skunkify because they're impossible to read?
In Beerum Veritas

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

Brick Bock is definitely worth buying. I noticed a big difference however with the bottle I opened right away and the one that was in my beer fridge for the better part of a year (much smoother, less grainy and the malt accents were much more prevalent). bottles from the same six pack.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

The Brick Andech's hell is very nicely malted but it's hard to tell under the thick dose of CO2 they lace it with....all the same I'd buy what I see of it because it is a collector's item with brick's name on it.

Brick Anniversary Bock is a good bock to cellar or to quaff...moderately complex , tastey but drinkable....and more drinkable after a year in the cellar....what year is being sold there.....I'll buy a six from you.
Aventinus rules!

the.brewer

Post by the.brewer »

The key with Andechs Hell is getting it in fresh condition. Brick don't brew it very regularly. In the past some stock in the Beer Store has been 3 to 6 months old, throwing a wicked haze, and this is bad news for a Hell. I always check the date code while deciding whether to buy.

baiser

Post by baiser »

Speaking of the beer store, does any one know if the beer store carries the new unibroue mixed (12) pack with edition 2005 yet?

beanmedic

Post by beanmedic »

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I found the special hell a while back, and thought it was quite nice. I was also suprised to see it there. Other nice finds for me are Niagara Falls Eisbocks on occasion.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

baiser wrote:Speaking of the beer store, does any one know if the beer store carries the new unibroue mixed (12) pack with edition 2005 yet?

I see the ads for that here in London, also in the pack is 1837, but none of the stores can apparently get it, so why do they advertise it?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!