Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Brewery in Virgil

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

New Brewery in Virgil

Post by joey_capps »

Just found out that there is a new brewery in Virgil (near Niagara-on-the-Lake) called Taps.

What does that make, four new breweries since the Summer: Stratford, Better Bitters, Robert Simpson, & Taps. Not bad.

Joe

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Stratford
huh?
Aventinus rules!

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Pootz,

as a Pilsner lover I thought you would be all over this by now.

www.stratfordbrewing.com

I don't think they are bottling yet.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

You're welcome, Joe. What's the beer like?

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Josh Oakes wrote:You're welcome, Joe. What's the beer like?
Thanks, Josh. And, yes, you were the first to bring it up on RateBeer with a message to the Ontario Local. :oops: What I meant to say, and I think I did on RateBeer, was that I was able to confrim that it is, in fact, a new brewery tonight. It's on at The Judge.

I didn't get a change to try it yet, as I only noticed the Taps tap handle as I was leaving. I'll report soon.

Joe.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Beer Geek wrote:Pootz,

www.stratfordbrewing.com

Well it has no presense among the tap handles in my local oasis and there is no visibility in the LCBO micros section and it seems their web site is down so if they have no product visibility...what the heck eh :-?

Must one travel to Hamilton to get full exposure to tapped micros? :-?
Aventinus rules!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

pootz wrote:

www.stratfordbrewing.com

Well it has no presense among the tap handles in my local oasis and there is no visibility in the LCBO micros section and it seems their web site is down so if they have no product visibility...what the heck eh :-?

The website works for me.

Anyway, they seem to be focusing on the Stratford market (logically), but according to the site, it is or has been available at the following: Betty's (coming soon), The Cloak & Dagger, The Paddock, Smokeless Joe, Zelda's.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

joey_capps wrote:
pootz wrote:

www.stratfordbrewing.com

The website works for me.

Anyway, they seem to be focusing on the Stratford market (logically), but according to the site, it is or has been available at the following: Betty's (coming soon), The Cloak & Dagger, The Paddock, Smokeless Joe, Zelda's.
Thanks Joe...wonder why I can't get to their web site? :-? I'm in London for a conference tomorrow, I'll swing past Stratford looking for it on tap.
Aventinus rules!

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

the site works fine for me too.

here is their list of where to find them on tap in Stratford & London

Stratford: Arden Park Hotel, Bentley's, Bistro 104, Boar's Head, Falstaff's, Foster's, George's, Olde English Parlour, The Sun Room, Pazzo

London: Magnolia Lane, Verandah Café, The London Club

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ahh you're in London tomorow. We should get together for a fine brew or two.....you should also reta ceeps lager while you're here.

It's only available at the ceeps you know!

Cheers
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Ahh you're in London tomorow. We should get together for a fine brew or two.....you should also reta ceeps lager while you're here.

It's only available at the ceeps you know!

Cheers
Is it much like steelback on cask?
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ohh nothing like steekback tango on cask my friends.

Nothng can compare to that.............nothing I say!
it's ok, but neat cause it's only available at the pub, and only has 4 ratings on ratebeer.com.

Sadly, steelback is available only on cask at select fine micro brewery locations, and I won't share my secrets with anyone as to where.

:P

Cheers
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Ohh nothing like steekback tango on cask my friends.

Nothng can compare to that.............nothing I say!
it's ok, but neat cause it's only available at the pub, and only has 4 ratings on ratebeer.com.

Sadly, steelback is available only on cask at select fine micro brewery locations, and I won't share my secrets with anyone as to where.

:P

Cheers
Please. If any of the Steelback products are on cask anywhere, please tell me. I'd travel to try them.

Joe.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

www.stratfordbrewing.com

I can confirm that Geek...they won't be bottling until late spring with plans to market through the LCBO. They say their capacity for draft sales are expanding though . I can get my favorite oasis to bring in a keg next week to try as he's kicking interbev off the tap row. :wink:
Aventinus rules!

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

where is this oasis you speak of? in K-W?