Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cold Canadian

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Steve Beaumont

Cold Canadian

Post by Steve Beaumont »

Well folks, Molson has finally admitted that Canadian tastes best when you can't taste it. Check it out:
http://www.molson.com/newsroom/release. ... &year=2005
http://worldofbeer.com/brightbeer/iceold.html

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

That is just too funny!

Also sad, that there will be the mindless masses thinking it's the latest, greatest thing.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Hey, since when did Molson Canadian become a "premium lager"? I didn't get the memo...

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

You know...

There are many things that make me feel better when I think that I'll be leaving the country for long time in the near future, and this was one of them ... until I realised that this is the universal trend. When's the first flight to Mars?

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

I certainly have great respect for Molson's new ad agency and their ad entitled 'Male Fantasies'. The school teacher angle brings me back to Miss Rose in 1967. I wonder if she is still alive? 8)

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Follow-up from the lack of news release:

'Gino Cantalini, Vice President Innovation'

says it all. Cheers!

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

DAN-D-MAN wrote:Hey, since when did Molson Canadian become a "premium lager"? I didn't get the memo...
It was on Tuesday. I happened to miss that particular meeting as well, but I am on good terms with the girl that takes down the minutes.

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

DukeOfYork wrote:You know...

There are many things that make me feel better when I think that I'll be leaving the country for long time in the near future, and this was one of them ... until I realised that this is the universal trend. When's the first flight to Mars?
Mars is currently not especially well renowned for its selection of beers. Its level of oxygen is also a bit lacking just now... And the least said about the single malts, the better.

My advice is that you make regular pilgrimages to the Fat Cat in Norwich while you are in the UK and forget about space travel until a halfways decent brewery colonise a significantly-sized area of Mars. Just imagine how interesting those beers will have to be to make the journey there before they can set up production locally.

I am looking forward to Syria Planum Pale Ales (SPPAs) coming to fruition...

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

DAN-D-MAN wrote:Hey, since when did Molson Canadian become a "premium lager"? I didn't get the memo...
Don't get me started on this. The term was always a product positioning term but it had come to mean an all-malt beer with some malt and hop character. To use it for a beer like Canadian is a joke. Molson blows goats.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Josh Oakes wrote:Don't get me started on this. The term was always a product positioning term but it had come to mean an all-malt beer with some malt and hop character. To use it for a beer like Canadian is a joke. Molson blows goats.
Billy or Mountain?

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

And Blue is a Pilsner.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Mein Gutt! What will Molcoorbatt do next to avoid brewing beer? :lol:
Aventinus rules!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

joey_capps wrote:
And Blue is a Pilsner.
And Keith's is an IPA...

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Article in the G&M today about the beer cold war, with some good quotes from Steve Beaumont and Rob Creighton.

Unlike the last Cold War (or maybe similar to :wink:), this appears to be a battle of evil v. evil. Let's hope it leads to the disintegration of both sides. A guy can dream, can't he? :lol:

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I was just about to post that article, great quotes Steve and Rob! Nice to see the Globe present that side of the argument. Nothing drives me more mad than the use of the word Cold in beer advertising, especially from someone like Sleeman (that tiny bit of respect I had for Mr. Sleeman just flew out the window). Reminds me of the silly Extra Cold Guinness taps, flashing lights and all, I saw in Ireland a few years ago.