Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Edition 2005

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

Edition 2005

Post by Manul »

Has anyone tried this one? And also if you know of a place where I can buy it in Ottawa Hull, it would be appreciated.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I had it a few months ago, check out the ratings on Bartowel. I brought one home to cellar last week from Montreal too. Its pretty good but not mind blowing.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I wouldn't call it mind-blowing either, but I would say that it's one of Unibroue's better efforts. At least it's not another extra strong golden ale. Compared to beers like Trois Pistoles and Terrible, 2005 tones down the dark fruit character, is a little softer, and maybe more attenuated. It's a very drinkable and tasty beer.

Speaking of new Unibroue beers, has anyone tried the new Seigneuriale?

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I have a corked bomber in the cellar....I will probably get a 330 ml in a mixed pack this summer to taste it fresh. I haven't been crazy about Unibroue's tripple and double ales recently but I do put down a vintage when I see one.
Aventinus rules!