Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fox News covers Canadian Beer

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

burgermeister

Fox News covers Canadian Beer

Post by burgermeister »

Canada's 'Sad' Beer Calamity
Fox News
Thursday, April 07, 2005

A beer truck flipped over on a roadway overpass in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Monday, prompting local officials to comment on the tragedy. "It is sad," Capt. Scott Logan of the Halifax Regional Fire Service (search) told The Daily News of Halifax. "Chances are they won't recover any of the beer."The truck, hauling 46,368 bottles of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale (search), skidded to a stop against the overpass's guardrail, luckily avoiding a 50-foot plunge down to another road.The female driver was pulled out of the cab uninjured — "more frazzled than hurt," according to Logan — letting rescuers focus on the calamitous aspects of the disaster."I had a tear in my eye, actually, when I was watching it," said police Constable Mark Hobeck. "It was full of beer. We were hoping a Hostess truck full of pretzels would come by, but no such luck."

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

I was lucky enough to get to see that in person. Totally made my day to see all that Keith's not going to make it to market. It was destined for Ontario, too, according to a local news story.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Man, can you maritimers not handle your beer exports or what? First a truck of moosehead goes missing, now Keiths!

Whatever will we do if we can't get these "premium" "imports" into the Ontario market????

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Canada's 'Sad' Beer Calamity
Fox News
Thursday, April 07, 2005

A beer truck flipped over on a roadway overpass in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Monday, prompting local officials to comment on the tragedy. "It is sad," Capt. Scott Logan of the Halifax Regional Fire Service (search) told The Daily News of Halifax. "Chances are they won't recover any of the beer."The truck, hauling 46,368 bottles of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale (search), skidded to a stop against the overpass's guardrail, luckily avoiding a 50-foot plunge down to another road.
I can see that abrasive Kilted Keith's bar fly in the commercials stroking out over this news...he goes ballistic when someone just spills the foam from a bottle...thish was sure to do him in...at least he won't be annoying us in any new Keiths commercials....bloody girly beer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aventinus rules!