Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bye Bye Robinson's

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Bye Bye Robinson's

Post by PRMason »

Robinson's Brewing of Mississauga is no more. They have closed their doors only recently. Another one bites the dust.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

So where does that leave C'est What?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I thought Durham was still doing the bulk of the Cest What brews? What was Robinson doing, the Rye and the Ginger?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

..and are they closed or just sold again?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JerCraigs wrote:I thought Durham was still doing the bulk of the Cest What brews? What was Robinson doing, the Rye and the Ginger?
I think those two are it, yeah. (And those are the two shittiest beers in the C'est What line-up, IMO...)

While it's sad to see a small brewer go bust, I won't really miss Robinson. Aside from St. George, I didn't like any of their beers that I had tried.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I think this time they are gone for good.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

My girlfriend ordered the ginger and the black cherry a little while back which I sampled. We both agreed that the ginger was yucko. She kind of liked the black cherry while I was indifferent towards it.
lister

StickMan

Post by StickMan »

Does anyone know what happened to Robinsons?