Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Search Function

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blankboy

Search Function

Post by Blankboy »

Every time I use the search function, when I click on the results I get the following message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /board/viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Does this happen to everyone else?
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

I have the same problem. If you remove the "&highlight=zzzzz" part of the url that is generating the 403 or 404 error, you can see the requested page.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This is a problem with the software, it happens to me too. Inertiaboy's suggestion works.

I'll update the software and maybe that will fix it.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

So, is there no permanent solution to this problem (other than the workaround?)

(oh the irony, I searched for the word "forbidden" to find this thread, but then clicking on the thread link didn't work of course! :) )

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I really am not technical enough to know what's wrong. I'll search through the forums of the bulletin board software to see if anyone else has had the problem.

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Another (quicker?) workaround, you can click the Goto Page links instead of the Thread title... Those work Ok...

Cass: It does seem to have something to do with the highlight on the querystring, perhaps this might have something to do with it:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56283
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Where are these "Goto Page" links of which you speak?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

sstackho wrote:Where are these "Goto Page" links of which you speak?
If there is more than one page of posts in a thread, "Goto Page" along with a list of numbers will appear under the thread title. You can click on the numbers to jump to that page in the thread.

Of course, if there is only one page in the thread, the numbers won't be there, so it's not a perfect workaround. But it works when the thread is long enough.

$

Post by $ »

No fix to this yet?