Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals around town

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

New Arrivals around town

Post by esprit »

The usual suspects around town are receiving shipments of the following as we write:

SCALDIS (FORMERLY BUSH AMBREE)
Yes, the Anheuser-Busch empire has finally decided that the 100 cases or so of Bush Ambree we sold each year in Canada is such a threat to BUSCH beer and so likely to lead to confusion that they have taken legal steps to prevent it's sale in Canada forcing us to import this beer under the name now used in the U.S.. I hope you can imagine the power we as the importers feel to have traumatized AB in such a way.

CUVEE DES TROLLS
KONINGSHOEVEN QUADRUPEL
BRUSSELS WHITE
BARBAR
LA CHOULETTE AMBREE

Coming next week are:

FLOREFFE DOUBLE
KONINGSHOEVEN DUBBEL

Here's a great opportunity to partake of these great brews without having to invest in a full case.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Surreal!

Is Koningshoeven the same as La Trappe? Because their Dubbel is one of my all-time faves.

And forgive my ignorance, but who are these "usual suspects" of which you speak? :D

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

shintriad wrote:Is Koningshoeven the same as La Trappe? Because their Dubbel is one of my all-time faves.
Yup, they're the same.
shintriad wrote:And forgive my ignorance, but who are these "usual suspects" of which you speak? :D
I expect that Peter means Smokeless Joe, beerbistro, and perhaps Volo, Ciro's and/or Michelle's.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

esprit wrote:Here's a great opportunity to partake of these great brews without having to invest in a full case.
Believe it or not Peter, that is a consideration for some of us who haven't tried every beer and aren't sure whether to commit...

Thanks for keeping us in the know,

JK.
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

To repeat, yes, Koningshoeven is in fact the North American name for La Trappe. As for availability, pretty much all of them will be at Esplanade and Smokeless...the other locations as well as La Palette will have some of them.
We'd also like to add that we have a new client...The Press Club at 850 Dundas St. W. in Toronto. This neat little bar already carried Duvel and Chimay Premiere and will take on Maredsous 6, Chimay White, Mort Subite Cassis and Verboden Vrucht which we hope are the first of a number of new brews to be available. It's great to see another west/central location with some great beer as the west-end had been a wasteland for us for a long time with only Ciro's and the Academy of Spherical Arts being real supporters.