Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Summer Beer Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Summer Beer Release

Post by Cass »

Not sure if this is posted fully elsewhere, but here is the confirmed summer beer release, coming in mid-June:

Erdinger Weissbier 500 ml
Saison Dupont 250 ml
Schofferhofer Hefeweizen 500 ml
Floris Honey 330 ml
Chapeau Exotic Lambic 250 ml
Rogue Half-e-Weizen 650 ml
Belgian Peches 330 ml
Christoffel Blond 330 ml
Edelweiss Hefetrueb Weissbier 500 ml

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Schofferhofer Hefeweizen - Try ordering that after you have had a few. Just rolls off the tongue!

Couple of nice wheat beers in there. I enjoy the edelweiss a lot though I don't drink as much of it as I would like.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Glad to see that it's more than 4 beers this time around (yes, I know the Spring promotion officially has 5 beers, but it's ended up 4 beers as far as I'm concerned, as I have yet to see the Trafalgar Bock appear anywhere).

Really glad to see the Saison Dupont on the list. It's been years since I've had it, and I wasn't very familiar with the style at the time, so it'll be nice to try it again with a more educated palate.

I didn't really care for the Edelweiss last time it was here, but the other three wheats look promising.

I'll reserve judgement on the fruity ones for now, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on my past experience with Floris and Chapeau products...
Last edited by GregClow on Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

:D

The first release where I think I may like all of them! My poor bank account... :cry:
lister

PierreBiere

Post by PierreBiere »

Ya gotta love Erdinger's description of their Weissbier, as taken from ratebeer.com:
The Premium Weissbier at the top of its class. Not only in the context of the Erdinger assortment Erdinger Weissbier with fine yeast applies undisputed as the classical authors, as the white beer absolutely. It is brewed with fine yeast after a delivered prescription and naturally strictly after the Bavarian purity requirement. Today still without the traditional bottle fermentation one does not do here: Three to four weeks it lasts, until the Erdinger Weissbier with fine yeast matured. For the production only finest raw materials are used. Experience of many years and constant quality controls guarantee beyond that the unmistakable taste. A Weissbier for all, those the unforgettable good taste love.
Methinks something was lost in the translation.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

That's a pretty good list, and, yeah, it's nice to see more than a handful of beers. (What happened to the Trafalgar Bock? For that matter, what happened to the Liefmans Goudenband that we were supposed to get originally? Leave it to the LCBO to replace one nonexistent beer with another one.)

Looking forward to the Christoffel Blond and Saison Dupont. I would really be looking forward to the Saison Dupont if I didn't already have 18 750ml bottles of what is one of my all-time favourites. Haven't tried the Rogue yet, but it looks interesting. I will avoid the Floris and Chapeau beverages like the plague.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A lot of selection, and a lot of emphasis on wheat. Great!
All fairly regular Hefeweizens but each is for a different taste.

the Saison Dupont will be a real treat (in the little 250ml bottles - it used to get here in bombers!) This beer can be laid down for a time I think.

I was curious about the "Belgian Peches" that I'd never heard of.
http://ratebeer.com/Beer/lefebvre-belgi ... hes/42964/
Be the tenth rater!
Last edited by Belgian on Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:I didn't really care for the Edelweiss last time it was here, but the other three wheats look promising.

This from Peter at Esprit a while back:

"FYI, although the name would imply that Rogue Half-E-Weizen was German in style, it is in fact a Belgian style wheat beer made with coriander and ginger, wheat and Northwest Harrington malts and Saaz hops...the Rogue guys are goofing on us but it's a great beer nonetheless"
In Beerum Veritas

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

The Schofferhofer Hefeweizen isn't going to be in cans, is it? Just asking as the ratebeer picture is of a can...

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Andicus wrote:The Schofferhofer Hefeweizen isn't going to be in cans, is it? Just asking as the ratebeer picture is of a can...
From the pictures on this page, it looks like it's available in bottles as well as cans. I suspect the LCBO will probably bring in the bottled version.

mds

Post by mds »

Seems like a pretty solid release...much better than the spring one.

It's good to see Christoffel Blond back, I always enjoyed that one...and another Rogue is always nice :)

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Belgian wrote:A lot of selection, and a lot of emphasis on wheat. Great!
Not that great for us Wheat intolerant drinkers then :(

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Great selection for the wheat heads...I'm one of 'em.

Nice to see Erdinger made it to the shelves but....a smal request to the importer....the Erdinger dunkle weizen is the best!! hint hint.

Looking forward to the saison Dupont as well.
Aventinus rules!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Belgian Peches is a peach-flavoured wheat beer from Brasserie Lefebvre, producers of Barbar, Floreffe, etc....

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I still have Barbar. It's 16 months old, I should get to it.

(Interesting flavor but I'm not sure my head appreciates honey in beer. :-? )
In Beerum Veritas