Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB) Website Launch

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB) Website Launch

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everyone

On Monday May 16 the Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB) will be launching its own website.
There are 25 local brewery members of this organization. It’s an important step for us locally owned brewers to raise awareness of all of the great beers that are produced in Ontario.

www.ontariocraftbrewers.ca

I invite you to have a look. This website is just one part of our campaign to increase awareness of what we have to offer. We as individual brewers have gotten together, put our differences aside and created a common goal that all of us believe passionately in. It’s been an amazing two years worth of hard behind the scenes work.

The Bartowel people have done an incredible job of promoting great beer. Now its time to spread the word even further. Just like the fantastic success of Wines of Ontario, our goal is to get more people to add our great craft beers to their portfolio of choice.
The cooperation, commitment and passion shows in what we’ve done as a group. We’ve had some help from some very talented people and have a good course plotted.

Please help us spread the good word.

I look forward to your comments and to seeing you at the events and pubs.

Cheers
Ken

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Just checked out the site, which must've gone up sometime late this afternoon as it wasn't loading earlier today. It looks great! Congrats to all of the brewers involved.

It even had an effect on me, as I went to the LCBO after dinner tonight planning on picking up a few imports, but once I got there I remembered that the site was launching today, and grabbed a sixer of Confederation Ale instead. :D

I also learned about a new brewery from the site - Niagara's Best Beer. Anyone heard of them before? Their only beer is a Blonde Premium Ale which sounds sort of mainstream based on the description, but could be a nice patio quaffer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Excellent site!
Congrats too all involved.

it is really well made, and easy to navigate!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

I heard the commercial on the radio today. Great idea to rhyme off all the breweries! Although I did notice that Steamwhistle stands out. I wonder if Cam Heaps had anything to do with that?

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I see that they neglected to list a certain premium brewer in Tiverton. :wink:
Last edited by pootz on Wed May 18, 2005 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Very nice site! Well done, let's hope the advertising works and we make some converts...

Oh, and if anyone here wins the contest, I'm available to come along...! Come on, you beer geeks can't possible have *3* REAL friends, right?? ;^)

the.brewer

Post by the.brewer »

The certain premium brewer from Tiverton is not interested in being affiliated with the Ontario Craft Brewers because they have no intention of spending much time in the (smaller) craft brewing segment. Their intention is to become big and successful from the start.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

the.brewer wrote:The certain premium brewer from Tiverton is not interested in being affiliated with the Ontario Craft Brewers because they have no intention of spending much time in the (smaller) craft brewing segment. Their intention is to become big and successful from the start.
Hmmmmm guess they had the choice of being in the quality sewer as a craft brewer or a mega brewer and they chose to be the later. Probably a break for the craft brewing industry. :wink:
Aventinus rules!

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

So does all this mean we'll eventually see more of these brewers' products on the shelves...?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Alright, stupid question time. Leaving money aside, what's stopping these brewers from openning up their own chain beer store ala The Beer Store? Legislation? Is the group going to start beating on the provincial government for changes?
lister

Images

Post by Images »

lister wrote:Alright, stupid question time. Leaving money aside, what's stopping these brewers from openning up their own chain beer store ala The Beer Store? Legislation?
Yes.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Images wrote:
lister wrote:Alright, stupid question time. Leaving money aside, what's stopping these brewers from openning up their own chain beer store ala The Beer Store? Legislation?
Yes.
And money I'd imagine. Molbatts has deep pockets. One store might not be so tough to open, but a chain? That would take some serious cash.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Bobbyok wrote:And money I'd imagine. Molbatts has deep pockets. One store might not be so tough to open, but a chain? That would take some serious cash.
Assuming the legislation problem is fixed, the chain would be of slow managed growth in key areas they know they'd do well in I presume.
lister

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

shintriad wrote:So does all this mean we'll eventually see more of these brewers' products on the shelves...?
I believe the topic of dedicated shelf space in the LCBO of the OCB was discussed at some point. I am not privy to current status of that. I think its a good idea if implemented well.