Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Andres Wines buys Granville Island

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Andres Wines buys Granville Island

Post by GregClow »

I just saw the following blurb in the weekly beer news update at Rate Beer:

"Andres Wines has agreed to purchase Cascadia Brands, a wine and beer firm operating out of Kelowna, BC. Cascadia makes the Granville Island beers. GI’s seasonal beers, made at a pilot plant in Vancouver, are well-regarded."

I'm sure that the wine side of Cascadia's business was the primary reason for the buyout, but I wonder if Andres will expand the distribution of the Granville Island beers as well. I've had a couple of them and they're pretty decent. It would be nice to see some of them on Ontario shelves.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

let's hope. Just working through a 6-pak sampler now.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

GregClow wrote:I just saw the following blurb in the weekly beer news update at Rate Beer:

"Andres Wines has agreed to purchase Cascadia Brands, a wine and beer firm operating out of Kelowna, BC. Cascadia makes the Granville Island beers. GI’s seasonal beers, made at a pilot plant in Vancouver, are well-regarded."

I'm sure that the wine side of Cascadia's business was the primary reason for the buyout, but I wonder if Andres will expand the distribution of the Granville Island beers as well. I've had a couple of them and they're pretty decent. It would be nice to see some of them on Ontario shelves.
I doubt they'd send any of the decent ones, which are made on a very small scale. What I really hope, is that they keep the big brewery and brands and spin off the small one with its tap room. Too bad it won't happen as the retail space at the tap room is worth real money.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I've been a bit underwhelmed by the Granville Island brews I've tried, to be honest. The English Bay Pale Ale, the Tenth Anniversary Ale.