Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Imperial Stout Orders are rolling in!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Imperial Stout Orders are rolling in!

Post by PRMason »

Paid orders for the Imperial Stout have begun pouring in. Cases are allotted on a first come (or enveloppe opened) first served basis, so the sooner your order comes in, the lower the case # is. A would like to thank Bartowelers for their support on this and to Cass in particular for posting the order form for me.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Are you #ing the bottles or just the cases? Just curious.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Perry - are you confirming via e-mail/phone that people's orders have been received? Just want to make sure that mine got to you!

-Josh

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I am only numbering the cases 1-165.
Once I have received a confirmed paid order, I will send out a certificate to the purchaser stating that he his guaranteed a case. The number of the case you will receive is on the certificate as well. The first certificates are coming off my printer as I write this.
This is fun. :P

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PRMason wrote: This is fun. :P
Hope the fun of it makes it all the more worth your while, it is a rare event.

As you can see from other comments we're like kids at Christmas waiting for this.
In Beerum Veritas

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I hope that this catches on with other Brewers as well. It's very novel and by polling Boards such as Bar Towel for interest in a particular product prior to the outlay of cash and time, the risk to the Brewer can be minimized.

Jeff

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I hope this kind of thing catches on too! I like to drink new and wonderful local beers whenever possible.
I hope to make Tsarina Katarina an annual brew. I will hold some back at the brewery so we can do a vertical tasting in a few years ( my wine background is showing :oops: ) I can only speak for myself on this matter, but the cost of doing a small run is quite high. It will cost me as much for the lables for this as it does for a years supply of labels for the IPA because i have to order 10,000 labels minimum Luckily, I have put the vintage on a neck tag so if i do subsequent vintages, I won't incur the cost of labelling for the next 2-3 vintages. It also disrupts the brew schedule and really creates havoc at the production level. Of course this could have been mitigated had I thought of doing this sooner, say in January when things are quieter. John and Doug at Church-Key are owed a great deal of thanks for allowing me to do this.
If the economics make some sense, I'm sure more micros will be offering one-offs and specials in the future.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PRMason wrote:It will cost me as much for the lables for this as it does for a years supply of labels for the IPA because i have to order 10,000 labels minimum.
I know Belgian beer is not your kick, but some Belgians have no labels... I'd still buy a short run of your beer with no label, but that's... priobably not your style.
In Beerum Veritas

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

This is Ontario and there are legalities involved...I wanted to put a picture of my daughter Katarina (13 months old now) on the label, but I thought I might run afoul of AGCO regs, so its the Empress of All the Russias instead.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Perry,

You haven't been mailing these confirmations out have you? Just curious.
Last edited by Belgian on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I didn't get an email from Perry but my cheque was cashed, so I assume everything's ok. Maybe check your account to see?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You are probably right there dude. I love the suspense, really I do. :o
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

My certificate arrived in the mail today. Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this one immensely.

PierreBiere

Post by PierreBiere »

You are probably right there dude. I love the suspense, really I do.
Ya, and I'm really loving the suspense over whether I'll ever get my Rogue order or not...

mds

Post by mds »

inertiaboy wrote:My certificate arrived in the mail today. Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this one immensely.
Did you get #1? :)