Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bottle-Conditioned in Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Steve Beaumont

Bottle-Conditioned in Ontario

Post by Steve Beaumont »

The bottle discussion going on under the "Mill Street Beers' heading, as well as my recent state of craft brewing debate with Perry, brings to mind a situation that has perplexed me for some time, specifically why is it that Ontario's craft breweries are so seemingly reluctant to bottle-condition their beers? Well, brewers?

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I would love to bottle condition some beer, but my situation simply wont allow it. If and when my plan for opening a proper Scotch Irish Brewing co. comes to fruition, then you WILL see a lot of bottle and cask conditioned product. As for other brewers, I would think that the process is very time/labour intensive so the volume would be very low and the price would have to reflect that. I also wonder if the ISB is sturdy enough to handle the internal pressure, and if the "twist-off" threads would adequately seal it. I'll bet Rob Creighton could shed some serious light on this.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Perry please make more cask ales. I had the Captain Cascade at Volo and it was killer!!!!!

Eric

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

Perry please make more cask ales. I had the Captain Cascade at Volo and it was killer!!!!!
<Krusty>I heartily endorse this event or product.</Krusty>

Please please please.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

PRMason wrote:I also wonder if the ISB is sturdy enough to handle the internal pressure, and if the "twist-off" threads would adequately seal it.
Unibroue uses the ISB for its 341 ml bottles, doesn't it?