Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sgt. Major's IPA

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Sgt. Major's IPA

Post by Publican »

Perry, tonight I picked up a six pack of your Sgt. Major's IPA at the Mavis and Dundas LCBO in Mississauga. Thanks for dropping it of at this store as it's not too far from my home, and also thanks for listing the ingredients as well. I told the cashier to say hi to you the next time you're delivering.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Definitely a great beer, and I agree the packaging and large-type ingredients listing are hip. A very no-BS presentation.
In Beerum Veritas

KeithsGuy

Post by KeithsGuy »

Indeed! A great beer that I keep plenty of on-hand. I recently tried a pint of Perry's cast-conditioned Dry Hop at the Arrow & Loon here in Ottawa. It was very good as well!

s.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The package for the IPA looks good, but I am going to switch to a heavier, fluted cardboard for the box. The 6-packs often look kinda crappy on the shelf because they crumple so easily during delivery and storage.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

PRMason wrote:The package for the IPA looks good, but I am going to switch to a heavier, fluted cardboard for the box. The 6-packs often look kinda crappy on the shelf because they crumple so easily during delivery and storage.
Perry - are any of the LCBO's in Burlington going to be added to your delivery route anytime soon?

-Josh

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Any suggestions as to which Burlington location is a good choice for micros?
"Every day above ground is a good one."

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

PRMason wrote:Any suggestions as to which Burlington location is a good choice for micros?
Both the FAIRVIEW AND MAPLE (MAPLE MEWS) (#481) and the FAIRVIEW & GUELPH LINE (WOODVIEW) (#566) stores stock all the seasonal releases plus quite a few ontario micros (Mill Street, Wellington, King, Hockley, etc.) so might be interested.

The beer guy at the Woodview store seemed slightly above average - he knew what I was talking about when I went in asking for the Saison Dupont, and I overheard him give a guy who'd heard me asking for it a reasonable explanation of what a saison is.

Let me know if it'll help if I make a request for them to stock the Sgt. Major - and which store to harass. :-)

-Josh

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

PRMason wrote:Any suggestions as to which Burlington location is a good choice for micros?
Store 481.

1235 FAIRVIEW STREET

It's right accross from Mapleview Mall.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Beaches store at Woodbine carries just Hockley & Mill Street & a few others - the selection NEEDS your IPA added to it, here or at the other smaller Beaches store.

I think this is an area that the LCBO under-estimates in terms of affluence and good taste, for example you see people here grab CASES of well-made everyday wine from Vintages and it's gone the next day. They will spend to try something new or get something 'a notch above', and the Sergeant will get noticed in it's nifty red box.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Perry, as long as you're taking suggestions on new stores to get stocked in - I'd really, really love to see the Sgt. at the Parkdale LCBO (Brock & Queen - store #11, I think).

They've built up a pretty decent selection of Ontario micros in the last year or so - King Pilsner & Dark, Mill St. Porter & Tankhouse, Robert Simpson, etc. - and they actually keep most of them on the refrigerated shelves. I think your beer would be a perfect addition.