Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Musings on a hot day...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DukeofYork = Richard

Musings on a hot day...

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

Why is it, on a day such as today, after you've been coated in a thin layer of perspiration whilst trudging the pavement, that a cool beer seems like manna from heaven? No other drink seems to hit the spot so well ... be it Perrier, soda, iced tea. All pale in comparison to the enjoyment of a weisse or Anchor steam... and yet alcohol is not particularly good for you when it's hot.

Musings?
Last edited by DukeofYork = Richard on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

DukeofYork = Richard wrote:All pale in comparison to the enjoyment of a weisse or Anchor steam... and yet alcohol is not particularly good for you when it's hot.

Musings?
Says who? 8)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

DukeofYork = Richard wrote: ... when you're trudging the pavement coated in a thin layer of perspiration...
Musings?
I saw that pavement too. It's a hot day when the pavement is actually perspiring. You should not get caught drinking in public though.

I really like Rogue Half-E-Weizen when I'm outdoors, and have been known to enter the lake carrying a bomber.

Ditto the Saison Dupont.

Just keep drinking water and the alco gets leached away from the corpus interior, no problemo Señor Ricardo.
In Beerum Veritas

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

Just for that, I'm editing my message...