Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer and Movies

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cyrill Slocombe

Post by Cyrill Slocombe »

Hey does this go here? Who knows. So here goes. I likes me the movies and I likes me some beer but nothing, nothing beats beer and a movie. I find that sometimes a certain kind of beer goes with a certain type of movie. Know what I'm saying? For instance, if I'm watching some girly movie about two broads ditching their husbands and killing themselves, then I like to drinks me a woman's beer - something from Europe, perhaps. If I'm watching something like the Torch Song Trilogy, The Birdcage or Truly, Madly, Deeply then I have a beer that, ahem, you know, is that way - like . . . well, that would once again be one of those Europe beers. Sometimes it's more of a name game - like, if I'm watching Star Wars, I drink Rebellion (get it? because there's a Rebellion going on in Star Wars. Clever, n'est-ce pas?)

Speaking of Star Wars, why did they call it "The Rebellion." Unless I'm smoking some bad weed (and who's kidding whom, I am) isn't "rebellion" the word you use to describe a revolution that fails - like the 1837-8 rebellions in Upper and Lower Canada and the Shays Rebellion in the 1790s in the US (which, by the way, was over the government control of booze - interesting). My point is, if you were trying to overthrow a tyrannical despot (and let's leave aside whether or not the Empire/Emperor/Darth Vader were really evil), would you call yourself the Rebellion? That would be like the spunky bunch of misfit kids forming and upstart, upset-causing, baseball team and calling themselves the "We gave it our best but then failed in the end" Bears. NO NO NO! You would call yourselves the Revolution and you'd be all cocky about it, wouldn't you. Yes you would. Shut up GerryS - nobody cares.

Also, why did some TIE Fighters have straight wings or panels or whatever and some of them have bent ones. Honestly, was that some sort of rank or insignia - like only the bigshots get the bent wings?

Any thoughts?

Shalom

Franklin Macintosh

Post by Franklin Macintosh »

Don't worry Cyrill, I'm sure it goes here; this is the "Random Talk" section of the forums, after all. Besides, you never really need to worry about putting things in the right place around here, because it would appear that if Cass doesn't like where they are, he just moves them somewhere else. And puts a lock on them. And berates you as if you were a child. So never fear, Cy, your post is safe here.

As for the TIE Fighter stuff, you raise a very good question. I'd answer it, but I don't know the answer. Actually, that's not quite true, I did once know the answer, but now I can't remember. It has something to do with the difference between the rev. a and rev. b TIE fighters. A good resource to check out is Aaron Agassi's Star Wars resource page, which you might be able to find on the internet somewhere. It's a little heavy on the fanfic for my tastes, but it's got some good info.

As for the other thing:
Yeah, I guess you could drink beer while watching a movie. Good luck with that.

Frank.

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

Hey Cyrill...Wanting to watch the movie Snatch tonight, what beer would you reccomend?

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

hey cyril, which beers from europe would you consider for women?

kp