Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Corporal Punishment in bottles?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

JerCraigs wrote: SMACK! How dare you taint the discussion of a fine beer with that filth.

Ugh.

Not that I am still bitter about my vegemite experience... :shudder:
I guess you never tried English Bovril on toast then? Mmmm! Beef extract...

However, back on topic...PUNISH US, we deserve it.

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

How dare you taint the discussion of a fine beer with that filth.
Beer and Marmite go together like Bogie and Bacall. In fact, Marmite is made in Burton on Trent, a couple of miles from the Bass brewery, as a by-product of the brewing industry. You can get Marmite-flavoured crisps, and Twiglets (mmm... Twiglets) in almost every English pub. Even so, I prefer a good Pork Scratching with my Corporal Punishment. Always have, always will.

On the other hand Vegemite... well, that is rubbish, I think we can all agree on that.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I think that would be a good idea

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

I too would welcome Corporal Punishment in bottled form, but for whatever it is worth, I would vastly prefer to see Dogsbody and/or Captain Cascade.

Publican

Post by Publican »

I have to second what borderline alcoholic said. I too would prefer Dogsbody or Captain Cascade.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

I, too, would be grateful to see any of the above beers on LCBO shelves and I will heartily endorse them. How soon could we expect to see this happen, hypothetically?

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

As with most things,this depends on money. It'll cost about $15,000 to bring it to market. When that "little" obstacle is dispensed with, there will be punishment meted out!
"Every day above ground is a good one."

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I am a bad by and need to be PUNISHED!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

As with most things,this depends on money. It'll cost about $15,000 to bring it to market. When that "little" obstacle is dispensed with, there will be punishment meted out!
Ever think of starting this out as limited release like the Tsarina Katarina stout? That might help get the buzz around it going (in a couple of ways, I suppose!). Of course, that might be too much work given how much you already put into the company...

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I thought about the Session or Dogsbody in bottles. I think they are too delicate and low alcohol too survive long enough on the shelf of the LCBO. Secondly, the more extreme beers tend to set themselves apart and find the niche market drinkers that are the core of my business.
As for doing the limited release thing, unless I charge a premium (a la Tsarina) it dosen't make financial sense. I hope that the Corporal will find enough sales to be a year 'round item. This also means that draught and cask will be also available!
"Every day above ground is a good one."

Cask

Post by Cask »

By all means, please do bring on the Corporal!

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

PRMason wrote:I am toying with the idea of bottling the Corporal Punishment and putting it into the LCBO system. I would appreciate any feedback you can give me before I make my decision.
Cheers!
Perry
Tell me when and where. I could sure use some more SMIPA too. Last time I checked there were only 10 at the Upper Wellington LCBO. I hate to drive up the "Mountain" for any less than 24. :lol:

Jeff

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Gunny wrote:
PRMason wrote:I am toying with the idea of bottling the Corporal Punishment and putting it into the LCBO system. I would appreciate any feedback you can give me before I make my decision.
Cheers!
Perry
Tell me when and where. I could sure use some more SMIPA too. Last time I checked there were only 10 at the Upper Wellington LCBO. I hate to drive up the "Mountain" for any less than 24. :lol:

Jeff
You mean 10 six packs? Wow, that's a lot of beer. Make sure you have your brakes checked before you descend the "Mountain." :wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

joey_capps wrote:
Gunny wrote:
Cheers!
Perry

Jeff
You mean 10 six packs? Wow, that's a lot of beer. Make sure you have your brakes checked before you descend the "Mountain." :wink:
Yeah, 24 six-packs is a stunningly large amount to ask for. Is he trying to save on gas? With that much beer demand, why not just lie under a keg with a hose attached to it? Far more practical and you don't have to move hardly at all. :wink:
In Beerum Veritas

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

joey_capps wrote:You mean 10 six packs? Wow, that's a lot of beer. Make sure you have your brakes checked before you descend the "Mountain." :wink:
That's one of the things I like about you Joe, you always think big! :o