Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Scotch Irish is toying with "Randall the enamel animal&

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Scotch Irish is toying with "Randall the enamel animal&

Post by PRMason »

Hi guys,
I am toying around with a Dogfish Head style in-line hop infuser for the cask ales at Fort York. I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks good. My quandry is, (if it works) which of my 5 one-off festival beers would benefit from its use. I will have 2 beer engines, but only one will have the hop infuser. I'm thinking Major Misconduct, the Glengarry 91/- (shilling) Scotch Ale and the Extra-Hop Stout. Captain Cascade and Chaplain's Solace Old Ale poured as is.
Cross your fingers and let the experiment begin!
"Every day above ground is a good one."

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

PRMason wrote:Hi guys,
I am toying around with a Dogfish Head style in-line hop infuser for the cask ales at Fort York. I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks good. My quandry is, (if it works) which of my 5 one-off festival beers would benefit from its use. I will have 2 beer engines, but only one will have the hop infuser. I'm thinking Major Misconduct, the Glengarry 91/- (shilling) Scotch Ale and the Extra-Hop Stout. Captain Cascade and Chaplain's Solace Old Ale poured as is.
Personally, I liked to try the Major Misconduct randallized. Something just doesn't seemed about doing that to the 90/- and the Stoutt.

Joe.

mds

Post by mds »

This is exciting :D
Which ones will be available on the Friday?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

joey_capps wrote:Something just doesn't seemed about doing that to the 90/- and the Stoutt.
I know meann. :D
In Beerum Veritas

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

PRMason wrote:Hi guys,
A properly hopped beer needs no gimmicks.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I agree that the "randallizer" is a bit gimmicky, but it does impact the flavour and aroma in a positive way when used properly. Just tryin' to keep it fresh and interesting at the beer fests.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Belgian wrote:
joey_capps wrote:Something just doesn't seemed about doing that to the 90/- and the Stoutt.
I know meann. :D
Alright! I know my proofreading skills need improvement. :oops:

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Please dont randalize a scotch ale... thats just wrong... The major misconduct would be neat though.

Holy Smoke

Post by Holy Smoke »

I tried the 'randallized' 60 minute last year at the Madison County Hopfest and it was the freshest sample I have ever tried at a show.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

It looks like the Major gets the nod for the Hop Bunny ( our name for Randall, it has bunny ears and everything).